PDA

View Full Version : Update on RCBS powder measure

Mr.Snerdly
07-03-2020, 09:23 PM
Much to my surprise and delight, the order from MidwayUSA came today. I wasn't expecting it until the 6th. This is outstanding service, I believe. Anyway, it turns out the powder measure is pretty darn good even with the Varget powder. The Lee scale is pretty accurate, I don't see why it wouldn't be as accurate as any other beam scale and according to it, the RCBS powder measure varies only about .5 grain and in most cases is even closer. I think this is about good enough.

I think the Mickey Mouse digital scale RCBS includes in their kit should be discontinued and either they should not include a scale at all or charge whatever it takes to put in a half ways decent one.

Mr.Snerdly
07-03-2020, 09:53 PM
That should be .05 grain. I tried to edit the post but for some reason it seems I am having no luck. Quite a little difference between .05 and .5 grain.

Mr.Snerdly
07-03-2020, 10:43 PM
After doing a few more, I believe it is about .1 grain, maybe a little more even but definitely less than .2 Probably good enough for most things but I want it a little closer. I believe .05 would be close enough.

Robinhood
07-05-2020, 11:03 AM
After doing a few more, I believe it is about .1 grain, maybe a little more even but definitely less than .2 Probably good enough for most things but I want it a little closer. I believe .05 would be close enough.

As said before it just depends on the level of accuracy that you are after. However the quest for accuracy does not end with the powder weight. Correct Charge weight for the node your after, neck tension and bullet run out would be the next factors to investigate. At least that is what I would do.

Robinhood
07-05-2020, 11:30 AM
Ooops