PDA

View Full Version : Part fell off my Striker, I can’t figure out where from

Mrvmax
06-19-2020, 06:47 PM
I was swapping barrels on my Striker and this “circlip” fell onto the floor. Anyone know where it goes? I can’t figure it out.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/moderndefensivemeasuresllc/cY1063

Armouredtrooper
06-19-2020, 08:31 PM
It also looks deformed and will need to be replaced once you find out where it goes.

celltech
06-19-2020, 10:01 PM
Shaft restraint in the trigger group?

Robinhood
06-19-2020, 10:01 PM
Retaining pin for trigger or trigger linkage?

Mrvmax
06-20-2020, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the replies, I’ll check those things. I’ve scoured through the parts diagram at Numrich and the installation instructions for Rifle Basix triggers and I see nothing similar. FYI it is not bent, it’s an odd looking circlip.

Nor Cal Mikie
06-20-2020, 09:24 AM
It IS deformed!! It's a clip probably from the trigger or linkage. It's called a "C" clip for a reason but doesn't look like a "C" now.

Mrvmax
06-20-2020, 09:27 AM
Here it is next to the safety retaining ring so you can see the size: https://www.flickr.com/gp/moderndefensivemeasuresllc/60NJsT

Mrvmax
06-21-2020, 08:11 AM
I looked over it closely and couldn’t figure out where it came from. I swapped barrels/bolts from 17 Fireball to 7mm-08. I took it to the range yesterday and fired 55 rounds through it with no issues. Nothing has fallen apart yet so I’ll see what happens.

Nor Cal Mikie
06-21-2020, 09:30 AM
My guess is it was probably an extra that got dropped in the stock/action area when being assembled. Maybe even after it was sold new?
WAY too big to be used on the trigger assembly so not sure where it belonged. Not for "that gun" that's for sure. Glad it worked for you. :cool:

Mrvmax
06-21-2020, 01:31 PM
My guess is it was probably an extra that got dropped in the stock/action area when being assembled. Maybe even after it was sold new?
WAY too big to be used on the trigger assembly so not sure where it belonged. Not for "that gun" that's for sure. Glad it worked for you. :cool:
Ill admit, on the first few shots I was leery thinking something may come apart. At least if that happens I’ll know where it goes but I’m confident it came from somewhere else. I bought the Striker with a bunch of parts so maybe it fell into the action during packing.

Nor Cal Mikie
06-21-2020, 07:38 PM
"I bought the Striker with a bunch of parts so maybe it fell into the action during packing"
That's it.;)