PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Savage 110 in 6.5 Creed, stock question.

gbullock32
06-19-2020, 04:00 PM
Just purchased Savage 10/110 Engage Hunter XP in 6.5 creedmoor and I was looking to replace the stock, a pistol grip angle is nicer on my wrist (old injuries) and I found this.

https://www.eabco.net/Choate-Ultimate-Sniper-Savage-Stock-_p_14153.html

I was wondering if anyone could provide any information on if this would fit or work for that rifle, and which option I should choose. Still waiting for the Savage to ship to my FFL so not even sure if the magazine is staggered or not. First Savage and first bolt action; looking to start long range at a budget to see if I can get into it before dropping more on a nicer optic and trying to get this to be a 1000 yard gun maybe, for now 500 or so yards would be fine as I learn more.

gbullock32
06-19-2020, 06:46 PM
Also, if you have any suggestions for another pistol grip stock I am interested in seeing what else is out there, so many out there but seems all of them have different nuances as to which exact model will work with them.

HOTDANGIT
06-20-2020, 01:07 PM
I have that stock I’d sell to you like new. It came on a rifle I bought and going to use a different stock. This long action if you’re interested let me know?

GaCop
06-21-2020, 06:25 AM
If you don't get "HOTDANGIT's" Ultimate Sniper stock, You may want to look at the Ultimate Varmint model, better forearm shape to ride bags if you don't use a bipod.

gbullock32
06-22-2020, 02:55 PM
I have that stock I’d sell to you like new. It came on a rifle I bought and going to use a different stock. This long action if you’re interested let me know?Thanks for the offer, but pretty sure the main issue I would have is that stock wont fit the detachable box magazine, so I would have to single shot load it if I am correct. Or is that not the case and it will fit the magazine? If it will fit the box magazine I would absolutely be interested.

I have that stock I’d sell to you like new. It came on a rifle I bought and going to use a different stock. This long action if you’re interested let me know?I'll check them both out, thanks.

The problem I seem to be hitting is most/all stocks I find do not accommodate the box magazine that attaches to the stock; they all require the magazine to attach to the action.

I did just find this.

https://promagindustries.com/archangel-precision-elite-stock-for-the-savage-model-110-111-long-action-standard-caliber-black-polymer-includes-aasla5-7-rd-with-5-rd-limiter-type-c-magazine/

Which seems like it would work, but I have a dumb question; gun gets to my FFL on Thur or Fri, so I can't look until then but is the Savage Engaged Hunter XP in 6.5 Creedmoor long action or short action?

gbullock32
06-22-2020, 05:38 PM
Savage 10/110 is long action correct? Seems I might need to snag a long action stock, or just wait for awhile and sink that money into more ammo for now.

oley55
07-17-2020, 07:48 PM
Looking at the close up pics provided the stock appears to have a slider lever for a bottom bolt release and a slot for a top blot release. Does that mean with my top bolt release 10FCP, I'll have a slider button hanging around do nothing?

Not a deal breaker for me, just trying to eliminate unanticipated surprises.

wbm
07-18-2020, 08:50 AM
You may want to look at the Ultimate Varmint model

FWIW. Had both...I liked the Varmint model.

coffeediver
07-18-2020, 05:01 PM
I bought the Oryx chassis which is made by MDT for my 10 FCP-K. They run $400 and comes with a 10 round aics style magazine. They also have excellent customer service.

Barry

Shooter0302
07-18-2020, 05:54 PM
My wrist is probable like yours in that I prefer AR angle grips. I have 2 of the Choate varmint stocks that are set up for single shot loading.
You can set up one of the Choate varmint stock with a blind box set up , maybe 4 + 1 capacity . BUT IF you want a "pistol grip" style stock and a DBM
search for chassis type stocks.

kingdombuilder
07-19-2020, 06:48 AM
The 6.5 Creedmoor is a short action cartridge . The new nomenclature of 110 on all Guns is stupid . It used to be two digits are short action
three digits are long . Now all have three digits long and short . I have and like the archangel stock . I also have wrist problems . The stock is extremely ergonomic
it also fits a multiple of Savage actions top bolt release and bottom bolt release . I have a Savage hunter xp in it now. The cheek riser is adjustable and so is length
Of pull . Glass polymer filled very sturdy . Nice angle pistol grip . 7 round mag you can also order ten separately. the 7 round comes with 5 round limiter if you hunt
And laws limit to 5 rounds. It can accommodate 4.4 AND 4.25 it is pillar beded . And has m-lock slots on for-end . I believe it is very well engineered. No one else has
A stock that is top or bottom bolt release fitting and 4.4 OR 4.25 bolt space compatible . Ps the pro mag website has no image for Savage model posted its the same looking
As any other model variant .

kingdombuilder
07-19-2020, 07:08 AM
Here is a pic https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-qnkfc65h0p/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/787/2622/AAS10-1__21723.1556038477.jpg?c=2
The model is aas10 for short action Ps its very economical