PDA

View Full Version : Mdl 16 trigger problems

Shuz
06-19-2020, 02:16 PM
Yesterday when I squeezed the trigger on my mdl 16 that has the Accu Trigger, the trigger seemed to release, but the round didn't go off. The firing pin moved in but the was no strike mark on the primer.
This happened several times in a 30 round course of firing. What's wrong, andhow do I correct it?
Thanks for any help.

Ted_Feasel
06-19-2020, 02:53 PM
Yesterday when I squeezed the trigger on my mdl 16 that has the Accu Trigger, the trigger seemed to release, but the round didn't go off. The firing pin moved in but the was no strike mark on the primer.
This happened several times in a 30 round course of firing. What's wrong, andhow do I correct it?
Thanks for any help.If its like any other accutrigger, if you dont have the trigger safety all the way pulled, what your describing is exactly what will happen and its supposed to work that way to help prevent accidents. If you were engaging that safety mechanism all the way and this is happening then obviously something is out of sorts but this where I would start.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Robinhood
06-19-2020, 05:29 PM
I agree with Ted. However you said the firing pin moved. Did you asume that it moved are were you thinking it moved and you really are not sure?

Shuz
06-19-2020, 10:09 PM
I thought it moved. I'll try and duplicate the malfunction, and pay more attention to what happens. The same issue occurred today when I was shooting my mdl 11 in 308! Somewhat unnerving. ��

Ted_Feasel
06-19-2020, 10:12 PM
I thought it moved. I'll try and duplicate the malfunction, and pay more attention to what happens. The same issue occurred today when I was shooting my mdl 11 in 308! Somewhat unnerving. ��I would almost bet your not placing finger in the glock type saftey... been wrong before though

Robinhood
06-19-2020, 10:31 PM
If the firing pin moves the only thing that will stop it is the primer unless something is broken or installed wrong. The advice you are being given is to be certain that the safety blade on the trigger is fully depressed before your finger touches the trigger. If you pull the trigger and the safety blade will not move to and fro with ease, you have tripped the trigger safety. Accutrigger is a safety trigger.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. WBpEF_wpUcwurp-MHWPpGAAAAA%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Watch this video to understand what is going on when you pull the accutrigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfT7asuOcXI

Dave Hoback
06-20-2020, 01:27 PM
As has been said, sounds like what’s happening. You can duplicate this easily by pulling the side edge of the trigger. The sear will trip, but then be caught by the safety lever.

Ted_Feasel
06-20-2020, 04:02 PM
When i got my barrel from nss, I got the lightened accutrigger spring and thats my consistent pull, i can still go about one more turn lighter stillhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200620/0cc3b565637214a3feb7d0d5d0abe9a3.jpg

Shuz
06-21-2020, 03:57 PM
Thanks for all the help. I think I'm the problem. You see i have peripheral neuropathy and have lost a lot of feeling sensation in my fingers andi hands as well as my feet! I am prolly not depressing the safety lever correctly..When this phenomenon happened with my other Savage rifle, knew I was the problem! Getting old ain't for the timid!

Robinhood
06-21-2020, 04:16 PM
Thanks for all the help. I think I'm the problem. You see i have peripheral neuropathy and have lost a lot of feeling sensation in my fingers andi hands as well as my feet! I am prolly not depressing the safety lever correctly..When this phenomenon happened with my other Savage rifle, knew I was the problem! Getting old ain't for the timid!

I have that too. It is scary and you are right getting old isn't for the weak. Funny that I never heard of elderly people or even people in their 60's getting this in previous generations. Something in the food and or medicines. You hear that youngsters!

Ted_Feasel
06-21-2020, 05:43 PM
I have that too. It is scary and you are right getting old isn't for the weak. Funny that I never heard of elderly people or even people in their 60's getting this in previous generations. Something in the food and or medicines. You hear that youngsters!I just turned 49 the 8th of this month, knock on wood still good health, good LORD has blessed me.. my job keeps me trim and strong...
But back to your situation, I wonder if you can add some kind of mod like the MTD chassis have that force you to place your finger square on the trigger? Just a thought.. i reckon it wouldn't be to entailed to make some modification yourself.

Shuz
06-21-2020, 10:52 PM
I just turned 49 the 8th of this month, knock on wood still good health, good LORD has blessed me.. my job keeps me trim and strong...
But back to your situation, I wonder if you can add some kind of mod like the MTD chassis have that force you to place your finger square on the trigger? Just a thought.. i reckon it wouldn't be to entailed to make some modification yourself.

Ted,
I'm competing with this rifle in CBA production class, so I can't modify the chassis except for bbl/stock interference.