PDA

View Full Version : Chassis with new recoil lug fitment

Lnmi
06-13-2020, 04:36 PM
A question for all you who built a rifle using a new recoil lug and chassis. Anyone have any problems with there action fitting? The ground recoil lugs seem to be abit thicker then factory and I was wondering how the tolerance is on the Orys or xlr chassis. Thanks.

Ted_Feasel
06-13-2020, 04:44 PM
A question for all you who built a rifle using a new recoil lug and chassis. Anyone have any problems with there action fitting? The ground recoil lugs seem to be abit thicker then factory and I was wondering how the tolerance is on the Orys or xlr chassis. Thanks.I've built but not with that particular chassis and I did use precision ground recoil lugs, they did seem thicker than the factor savage lug but I didn't have any fitment problems. Is the action not dropping into place?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Lnmi
06-13-2020, 04:50 PM
I haven’t bought one yet. I’m trying to decide what I want and I have been worrying if I go the chassis route that might be a problem. So I figured I’d throw it out there here before I do. I might be over thinking it but I always think what could go wrong ahead of time. Was thinking I was going to try an orys on my new 110 desert tactical 300 mag and picking a second one up for a 223 I built a couple years ago. I have a different recoil lug on that.

Ted_Feasel
06-13-2020, 04:53 PM
I haven’t bought one yet. I’m trying to decide what I want and I have been worrying if I go the chassis route that might be a problem. So I figured I’d throw it out there here before I do. I might be over thinking it but I always think what could go wrong ahead of time. Was thinking I was going to try an orys on my new 110 desert tactical 300 mag.I doubt you would have any problems but I have not used that chassis.

Lnmi
06-13-2020, 04:56 PM
I guess thinking about it the recoil lug would be thicker going forward So it probably wouldn’t be an issue. I tend to over think things. Lol.

Ted_Feasel
06-13-2020, 05:17 PM
I guess thinking about it the recoil lug would be thicker going forward So it probably wouldn’t be an issue. I tend to over think things. Lol.Hey, its better to over think these kind of things than to just blindly assume:)

celltech
06-13-2020, 05:18 PM
Just looked at my Orxy...looks to be ~.35" of space, you could put a bridge girder in there.

Ted_Feasel
06-13-2020, 05:20 PM
Just looked at my Orxy...looks to be ~.35" of space, you could put a bridge girder in there.Yep, there's a few ways you could skin that

Lnmi
06-13-2020, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the reply guys.

Fuj'
06-14-2020, 07:36 AM
MDT gives plenty of room in the lug area. Not sure if they do
it on the other stocks they build but my HS3's have a shelf
under the lug. Makes it nice and easy to bed it in, if so inclined.

Ted_Feasel
06-14-2020, 03:17 PM
One of these days I may be able to afford a MTD. Ive seriously been thinking about making my own MTD style. I have the equipment to do it, just not the time