PDA

View Full Version : Choate Tactical custom package opinions???

SuaSponte11b
11-05-2010, 08:12 PM
So I'm new to these forums, and to savage....so far I'm in love with my 10fp. I'm wanting to do like many of you and replace the stock with something that will be nice and sturdy. the gun is going to be a plinking rifle, used with a bipod, sniper beanbag and from prone mostly to shoot over 500m. so are any of you using the tactical custom with the cheekpiece and lop adjustments? i really like the idea of adjustable cheekpiece but im not sure about the lop adjustment, i have a mcmillian on a remington with the spacer system that i love, is anything like that avaliable on this stock instead of the lop adjustment? any input would be great and i look forward to being a part of your forums.

LG
11-05-2010, 10:42 PM
The basic Choate tactical stock (the one without the 'custom package' options) comes with spacers to adjust LOP.

lwink
11-18-2010, 09:54 PM
The UV stock may also be to your liking... same story with the spacer system and a couple cheek height options (different bolt on pieces for height adjustment) Once a stock fits there's not much need to change it around, just my .02 to save you a few $. Many guys seem to like the Ultimate Varmint a bit more than the Sniper for various reasons (I am in this group) but both are sturdy stocks for not much money.

Matt Peetz
11-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Instead of the custom tactical go to Tactical works and buy the stock, adjustable butt plate and the karsten cheek piece. Cheaper that way. That is what i did. I had the stock and just ordered the other parts and bought another stock for my 7wsm. But depends if you like the look of the adjustable cheek piece and not the Karsten. Function trumps looks for me.