PDA

View Full Version : 243 Information and Suggestions

TXCOONDOG
05-21-2020, 08:50 AM
I ordered a new 20” threaded Criterion. barrel with a 10T for a dedicated predator bolt action rifle build that I will run suppressed. I like the explosiveness of the v-max bullets on impact so I want to try the 75 & 85 gr. V-max bullets. The powders that I have already are H4350 and Varget and Fed 210M primers.

I know every rifle can like something different, but curious to hear if these combinations have worked for others ? Also, where one can expect to see the accuracy nodes along with the velocities you are getting with your barrel length ?

Any information and/or suggestions are certainly welcome and appreciated.

TXCOONDOG
05-21-2020, 11:14 AM
Even though I’m inquiring about the V-max, I certainly would like to hear about combinations that have work with any bullets in the 70-80 grainer range.

I do not save coyote hides so bigger the hole the better! Yep, I’m aware that shot placement is key.:laser:

Ted_Feasel
05-21-2020, 11:47 AM
I ordered a new 20” threaded Criterion. barrel with a 10T for a dedicated predator bolt action rifle build that I will run suppressed. I like the explosiveness of the v-max bullets on impact so I want to try the 75 & 85 gr. V-max bullets. The powders that I have already are H4350 and Varget and Fed 210M primers.

I know every rifle can like something different, but curious to hear if these combinations have worked for others ? Also, where one can expect to see the accuracy nodes along with the velocities you are getting with your barrel length ?

Any information and/or suggestions are certainly welcome and appreciated.I have several criterion and shilen in big bore ARs and bolts and honestly finding your load on them is in a way harder because they shoot about anything I've put in them with lights out accuracy.. other experiences may vary:)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

TXCOONDOG
05-21-2020, 12:08 PM
I have several criterion and shilen in big bore ARs and bolts and honestly finding your load on them is in a way harder because they shoot about anything I've put in them with lights out accuracy.. other experiences may vary:)

LOL. I ‘m hopeful and find that to be the case as I believe the 75 v-max will be a good balance between weight (length) and velocity for my intended purpose.

I ordered the barrel a couple days ago with an estimated delivery of 10-16 weeks. Just looking for information to get a leg up on things since this will be my first 243

Appreciate the response

wbm
05-21-2020, 01:31 PM
_.

Ted_Feasel
05-21-2020, 02:25 PM
LOL. I ‘m hopeful and find that to be the case as I believe the 75 v-max will be a good balance between weight (length) and velocity for my intended purpose.

I ordered the barrel a couple days ago with an estimated delivery of 10-16 weeks. Just looking for information to get a leg up on things since this will be my first 243

Appreciate the responseI have no doubt you will be happy with citerion, like shilen select match, they hand lap to a mirror finish, super easy clean up and when you push a tight wet patch down them they sing like a crystal glass when you get your finger wet and go around the rim

Texas10
05-22-2020, 10:46 AM
I had good luck with the 87gr V-Max and IMR4831. Shot tight groups and my son took his first buck at 220 yds with that load. Shoots flat and quite deadly.

Iowa Fox
06-02-2020, 10:09 PM
I bought 500 75 gr V max aand 500 87gr Vmax on the same day for a 1-10 twist. Hands down the 87 Vmax out performs the 75.