PDA

View Full Version : Three die die rifle sets?

scope eye
11-05-2010, 07:13 AM
Hi what does the third die in a rifle set do?
thanks Dean

scratcherky
11-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Some die sets include full length resizing die, neck resizing die and a bullet seating die.

knickia
11-05-2010, 07:53 AM
which set are you looking at ?

The Lee Deluxe Rifle set has neck/FL/Bullet.

I thought lee had one with the crimp die in it also, Necksizing /factory Crimp/Bullet seating dies.

Herman
11-05-2010, 07:57 AM
which set are you looking at ?

The Lee Deluxe Rifle set has neck/FL/Bullet.

I thought lee had one with the crimp die in it also, Necksizing /factory Crimp/Bullet seating dies.

They do. They have Full length / bullet seating / factory crimp dies all in one set.

bootsmcguire
11-05-2010, 10:31 PM
All of the above is true. I my self when buying Lee dies I will always buy the Deluxe 3 die set. The Deluxe set comes with a standard FL Sizer, a "collet die" neck sizer, and "dead length" seater which does not have a rpvision for crimping in it. I will also purchase a "factory crimp die" in case I ever need a crimp. I think the dead length seater is alot easier to use and set and I have noticed that the bullets seat better with it than with the Lee standard seating die with the crimp provision built in.

The other 3 die set that Lee offers is the Pacesetter series, which as is stated above to be a standard FL sizer, Seating die with crimp built in, and a Factory Crimp die.

If you buy a 3 dies set from Lee I recommend the Deluxe set and then buy a factory crimp die, rather than buy the Pacestter set and then decide to buy the Collet die seperate. Its usually cheaper to buy the Deluxe and then add the Factory Crimp die rather than the other way.