PDA

View Full Version : archangel AAS10 stock. short action 6.5 cm

Pages : 1 [2]

Fuj'
05-13-2020, 08:21 AM
I had the ultimate sniper stock and the other one and one problem existed, it weighed as much as the transmission in my 67 mustang but rigid as heck.

Mine I had ordered for use as a test bench is still sitting in the box
it was shipped in. Next free chance, I'll weigh it, strip everything
off, and weigh it again. I did notice picking the box up off the front
porch, it had some heft. Fred might be short changing himself for
the shipping charges.....LOL

Nathan.....Can you slide a dollar bill under the tang ??

nathantc
05-13-2020, 08:25 AM
Nathan.....Can you slide a dollar bill under the tang ??

nope, still needs to have some material removed in that area.

JeepsAndGuns
05-13-2020, 12:46 PM
I have looked around for just a few min, but I am not finding any listing for this for 223. All I can find for the savage short action is 308 based mags.

nathantc
05-13-2020, 12:54 PM
I have looked around for just a few min, but I am not finding any listing for this for 223. All I can find for the savage short action is 308 based mags.

contact Promag. im sure the stock is the same for 223 vs 308 as the action is the same. here is a link for the 223 mags for this stock

https://promagindustries.com/archangel-short-action-223-based-cartridges-type-d-magazine-for-aa700sa-aa1500sa-aas10-precision-elite-stocks-10-rd-black-polymer/

JeepsAndGuns
05-14-2020, 12:27 PM
Looks like most everywhere is sold out of these stocks. Prices range from $169 up to $200+. I would hate to have to buy one with the 308 mag, just to have to turn around and buy a 223 mag for another $25.
I will try contacting them to see if they offer a stock with the 223 mag instead of the 308 mag.

nathantc
05-14-2020, 11:11 PM
Looks like most everywhere is sold out of these stocks. Prices range from $169 up to $200+. I would hate to have to buy one with the 308 mag, just to have to turn around and buy a 223 mag for another $25.
I will try contacting them to see if they offer a stock with the 223 mag instead of the 308 mag.

if you end up doing that i may be interesting in buying the .308 mag for the price you pay for the .223 mag. i was thinking of buying a second one just to have as a back up being as they are proprietary

lastedtiger
05-15-2020, 12:54 PM
Even though all my savages are in MDT , i must admit this budget stock actually looks pretty cool ,can't beat the price for sure. Can you insert other mags to seat bullets past 2815 COAL?

nathantc
05-15-2020, 04:42 PM
Even though all my savages are in MDT , i must admit this budget stock actually looks pretty cool ,can't beat the price for sure. Can you insert other mags to seat bullets past 2815 COAL?

i think it only works with their mags. not sure how long of a bullet can be loaded into them. the 140g are all ive tired and they have room to spare

1Gifford
05-18-2020, 12:33 PM
So will this stock work with the 12FV.......meaning no additional bottom metal required?

nathantc
05-18-2020, 01:02 PM
So will this stock work with the 12FV.......meaning no additional bottom metal required?

If your rifle has the proper screw spacing and the receiver is based off the Savage model 10 which I believe it is it should fit and does not require any bottom metal for this stock at all. The only thing the stock requires is your barreled action. Now if you're like me and you have the longer and tapered recoil lug you will have to do some fitting to make the rifle that down in the stock. I have no idea what recoil lug the Model 12 has. I do know some models of savage like they're Target models have different screw spacing on the receivers and will not be compatible with standard model 10 stocks. I'm not 100% sure what the number designations mean I just know that double digit stands for short action and triple digit numbers stand for long action. My rifle is a model 11 which to me is no different than a model 10 other than stock that comes with the rifle.

Fuj'
05-18-2020, 03:37 PM
The Dual Port Savage action is the only action that comes to
mind in the target series that has different spacing. The single
port target actions bolt right up other then not being able to
use the center screw if one is provided. With the single shots,
it's a moot point anyways, but they bolt right up.