PDA

View Full Version : Boyd's stock target action question

kingdombuilder
05-04-2020, 08:17 PM
will a target action ,large shank, have any problem fitting in a standard Boyd's stock for a small shank . If not what are the modifications necessary. I have a ashburry and may want to put it in an existing Boyd's stock I have . What are the issues with action and or will recoil lug be the same ? Thanks for any input.

Ted_Feasel
05-05-2020, 06:15 AM
will a target action ,large shank, have any problem fitting in a standard Boyd's stock for a small shank . If not what are the modifications necessary. I have a ashburry and may want to put it in an existing Boyd's stock I have . What are the issues with action and or will recoil lug be the same ? Thanks for any input.Ask robinhood or sharpshooter.. they seem to have the answers on everything savage:)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

jpdown
05-05-2020, 09:53 AM
The Savage target action has the same footprint as the standard action. So it will drop fit into a Boyd’s stock. The issue to check will be the action screw spacing on the target action lining up with the standard stock hole spacing.

sharpshooter
05-05-2020, 05:28 PM
Barrel channel may need to be opened up. If you have the barreled action and the stock handy, what's keeping you from mating them up?

kingdombuilder
05-06-2020, 08:31 AM
Barrel channel may need to be opened up. If you have the barreled action and the stock handy, what's keeping you from mating them up?
I have an ashburry and am thinking on a 300 wsm barrel and making this my hunting rig with Boyd's stock but I will need the Wsm mag.