PDA

View Full Version : Benchrest....rifle

Pages : 1 [2]

Ted_Feasel
04-24-2020, 02:46 PM
Ted, what all did you have done to the action to get to that smooth? I've got a worked over target action with a bolt lift kit, and another bolt kit on another rifle, and lift still isn't anywhere close to the one or two finger lift that some other actions allow.When I ordered it, it just was like that. I got it from northlandshootersupply.com , I don't know if they trick it out or anything but it was smooth right out of the packaging.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Ted_Feasel
04-24-2020, 02:50 PM
When I ordered it, it just was like that. I got it from northlandshootersupply.com , I don't know if they trick it out or anything but it was smooth right out of the packaging.

Sent from my SM-N975U using TapatalkI specialize in big bore ARs so my bolt action knowledge base isn't where it should be but I know alot of the lift force is the cocking of the mechanism so maybe there in lies the key?

Fuj'
04-24-2020, 04:13 PM
I never had a problem with lift on my target action. I did however
remove most of that cannon ball on the bolt handle, and gave more
then a liberal treatment of dry-slide. Any of the guy's that I know
at the club, sport either a Bat or a Panda.

Nor Cal Mikie
04-24-2020, 07:01 PM
Got one action T&Td. Never was happy with the results. A waste of $$ if you ask me AND I'll never do another one.
When the bolt lift on any of my savage actions is as easy as the lift on my Remington XP 100 action, I will be one happy shooter!!

tobnpr
04-24-2020, 09:02 PM
Be creative...

https://www.accurateshooter.com/guns-of-week/gunweek075/

Ted_Feasel
04-24-2020, 09:28 PM
Be creative...

https://www.accurateshooter.com/guns-of-week/gunweek075/Damn, that dude knows how to work with whats available:)

Ace Quackhunter
04-26-2020, 07:44 PM
I shoot a Model 12 for Benchrest in factory class and usually finish in the top 3. But I am in the process of building a custom Brenchrest for short range matches. The biggest spread is between 5-10 points between custom and factory, and many start in factory before moving on to custom. It just depends on how deep your pockets are, most shooters are using the same equipment for each class, but it does come down to the firearm