PDA

View Full Version : Stock for DM and Centerfeed!!!

11fcns
11-04-2010, 05:28 AM
why does it seem so hard to find stocks for Savages with Detachable Mags that are the newer Centerfeeds!? like my name i have the 11FCNS in sporter barrel DM and centerfeed. i find stocks for centerfeeds but not DM or the other. would like a synthetic stock but wood seems OK now too since i can find one thats synthetic. i know there has to be a solution i'm not finding so thats why i ask here. thanks.

Appleseed
11-14-2010, 10:01 AM
I haven't seen one yet, but they are available. Read a good review on another site listed on this forum.

Contacted Hogue, these are listed on their web page as New Models. Got this quick reply to savage det/mag stocks being offered this year. They have two, one with pillars and the other with full aluminum bed. Would like to hear review from members on the stocks.

"Yes, Sir, we have included the detachable mag! You should have no problem finding a model to fit this description."

Thank you,

Christine

Christine Whalen
Office Manager
Hogue, Inc.
550 Linne Rd.
Paso Robles, CA 93446
800/438/4747 Ext 206
christine@hogueinc.com

ddfirehog
11-14-2010, 03:10 PM
got a piller beded stock in just a few weeks ago but i had to pay a little extra to get ti straight from hogue because they did not have any in the country you could buy from a dealer. talked to some lady from houge and she informed me that they would be releasing the full bed stocks in october it is now november and i still can't find one from a dealer .but i am pleased with the piller bed stock for a hunting rifle it's not quite as stiff on the fore arm as i would like but it will do , i was told that the full beded ones are more stiff on the forearm. i guess i will have to wait??????????? if any one out there gets one any time soon from any dealer please lets us know who.

11fcns
11-15-2010, 01:56 AM
will have to contact them and see what they may have for me.

Appleseed
11-15-2010, 11:08 AM
There is a post from a member somewhere on the forum recently, about a month, about an online gun magizine. I read the the reviews of several guns and one of the articles was a review of these new Hogue stocks.

Unfortunately, I can't find the post. Thought I had saved the link.

macon
11-25-2010, 05:50 PM
stockys.com they have the new hs precision stocks for savage

11fcns
11-26-2010, 02:57 AM
they don't make HS for Detachable Magazines. i did call and see on Hogues website that the make stocks for centerfeed DBMs. they come pillar bedded or with a full length bedding block, made for sporter or heavy barrels. the pillar bedded are $150 and full bedding block are $280.

Carvera
11-26-2010, 04:05 AM
they don't make HS for Detachable Magazines.

HS Precision makes a DBM stock, although I don't believe they're made for the sporter barrel. You could use their stocks, and have a really "floated barrel".

You can find the HS Precision Stock, part number PSV118. You can also find HS Precision Stock, part number PST114.

Both of these stocks can be ordered through Stockys. Whether or not they are in stock is another question.

You could also buy a stock and have it worked over by SSS. I've sent in a few stocks, and Fred has done great work converting blind magazine stocks into DBM. Just another option.

11fcns
11-27-2010, 04:23 AM
thanks for the HS model numbers. how much does it run to have SSS convert a stock to DBM?

showgun
11-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Choate makes a stock for a SA centerfeed drop mag... This is what I plan on using for my current build.

http://www.tacticalworks.com/Choate-Tactical-Stock-Savage-Drop-Box-Mag.html

pdog06
11-27-2010, 11:50 AM
thanks for the HS model numbers. how much does it run to have SSS convert a stock to DBM?

Not sure if his price has changed, but I remember him saying on here once that he could do the machine work on any centerfeed stock to convert it from blind mag to DBM for around $50. Since you already have the bottom metal that would be your only cost to convert it.

Think this is the route I would go before I settled for a stock you really arent fond of. Buy the one that you really want and have it made to fit.