PDA

View Full Version : New Guy with Some Questions

VIGS
04-11-2020, 10:21 AM
Hey- new guy here. My uncle gave me a Savage Mark II .22LR back when I was about 14 years old in 2001. Mostly forgot about it until I recently, but decided to clean it up and get it back in working order. The hold up is that my uncle took the bolt out of it when he sent me home with it (just to be safe) and he has no idea where it’s gone.

I contacted Savage about buying a replacement and they said that I’d have to send it in because the gunsmith would have to replace it.

I see some bolts listed on eBay for the Mark II but I don’t know which would fit.

Any help would be appreciated!

thanks!

nksmfamjp
04-11-2020, 10:43 AM
Sending it to Savage is probably your best way to get an in spec fit. Why not?

Balljoint
04-11-2020, 10:47 AM
Welcome to the BROTHERHOOD
Best bet is to take to your gunsmith and ask them for help.

VIGS
04-11-2020, 11:21 AM
Sending it to Savage is probably your best way to get an in spec fit. Why not?

Just thinking from a dollars and cents perspective that after sending it in, paying for the new bolt, and then sending it back it might just be worth it to get a new one.

I had just assumed it would be similar to my AR builds where I could just buy any BCG and it’s one size fits all.

drybean
04-11-2020, 11:34 AM
Welcome aboard

ttexastom
04-12-2020, 12:17 AM
Welcome to the savage family.

GaCop
04-13-2020, 06:27 AM
Unless you get lucky and the new bolt happens to lock up with acceptible headspace your going to have to send it to Savage or let a gunsmith headspace the new bolt.

nksmfamjp
04-13-2020, 10:26 AM
Just thinking from a dollars and cents perspective that after sending it in, paying for the new bolt, and then sending it back it might just be worth it to get a new one.

I had just assumed it would be similar to my AR builds where I could just buy any BCG and it’s one size fits all.

Maybe...$25 to mail; $50 for the part; $25 return mail....you might be $100ish...what’s a new one?...we’ll, I looked...$220 from Grabagun+ ship+transfer