PDA

View Full Version : 110 Hunter - Little washer, where does it go?

Brydawg512
04-11-2020, 01:03 AM
Hello all,

I removed my barreled action from the Accustock to sand down a few contact points on the stock. There is a little washer I believe was on the front action screw (I dropped the screw when removing so lost orientation) and I can't figure out where it goes?

It has the DBM and I can't find info anywhere as to the correct placement of the washer. Does it go between the head of the front action screw and the magazine holder body?

The front action screw hole got buggered up, however, I was able to mostly save it, albeit a little stiff running the screw in so I had to purchase a longer screw to use so it can meet the threads.

Thank you all in advance.

sharpshooter
04-11-2020, 01:21 PM
Most likely it's a shim washer that goes between the DBM frame and the stock to adjust for magazine fit.

Brydawg512
04-11-2020, 05:43 PM
Ok. So, does the washer sit on the aluminum bedding block surface between where the DBM frame and bedding block meet? That's the only place I can figure it goes. Also, just to ensure -- this is the front action screw, correct?

sharpshooter
04-11-2020, 06:38 PM
Yes, it will control the height of the magazine in relation to the mag catch.

Brydawg512
04-11-2020, 07:07 PM
Ok, I see. So do I just have to set the washer down and carefully put the screw through the DBM frame and washer so it doesn't fall all around during installation?

Brydawg512
04-11-2020, 08:37 PM
Sorry for the barrage of questions, however, I noticed that the washer is slightly concave and favors a concave seating position. The only place I see this is between the screw head and the DBM body, considering the bedding block is completely flat.

I also noticed my owners' manual doesn't list this washer or the cylindrical piece the rear action screw passes through. Just trying to make sure reinstallion yields no problems.

Robinhood
04-11-2020, 09:18 PM
Trial and error is where you are since you lack confidence in a very knowledgeable gunsmith.

Install it where you want. Check function of mag catch/release and bolt operation. Problem, move washer to a different location. Test again. Problem, move washer etc...etc....

Brydawg512
04-11-2020, 09:33 PM
My intentions were not to doubt anyone's expertise. I apologize as I am new to this forum and don't know everyone's background. I will follow what sharpshooter has advised.

Brydawg512
04-11-2020, 09:33 PM
Trial and error is where you are since you lack confidence in a very knowledgeable gunsmith.

Install it where you want. Check function of mag catch/release and bolt operation. Problem, move washer to a different location. Test again. Problem, move washer etc...etc....

My intentions were not to doubt anyone's expertise. I apologize as I am new to this forum and don't know everyone's background. I will follow what sharpshooter has advised.

Robinhood
04-11-2020, 11:45 PM

LOL. That does sound kind of nasty doesn't it. Really though. That crusty old bastage knows a thing or 3. If he is wrong though trust your gut. It goes somewhere and I bet you can figure it out. Trial and error man. It will improve your troubleshooting skills.

Brydawg512
04-12-2020, 12:53 AM
Understood! Yes I'll give his expertise some credit and try what he said.. if no luck... it will be back to the drawing board

Brydawg512
04-12-2020, 12:53 AM
LOL. That does sound kind of nasty doesn't it. Really though. That crusty old bastage knows a thing or 3. If he is wrong though trust your gut. It goes somewhere and I bet you can figure it out. Trial and error man. It will improve your troubleshooting skills.

Understood! Yes I'll give his expertise some credit and try what he said.. if no luck... it will be back to the drawing board

oley55
04-13-2020, 09:32 PM
Brydawg512,

do you have any feedback on the stripped front action screw problem?