PDA

View Full Version : Snake Oil Rifle Barrels

J.Baker
04-08-2020, 03:50 AM
Stopped out to Fred's yesterday to pick up a couple review rifles that finally came in and he showed me this video. Suffice to say we both found it quite hilarious - hence why I'm posting it here in the humor section. There's just so much bad/false/fake information in this marketing pitch for this so-called "revolutionary" barrel system one wonders how he could get through that whole spiel with a straight face.

WARNING: You will want to put on your hip waders before watching as what you're about to witness is the manure being piled eyeball high to a giraffe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za91qyhida8

The funniest thing about this video is that he spends the first half of it talking about how it's the bore (being bowed) that causes all the problems resulting in a crooked throat, then spends the last half of the video talking about how their new "21st century" separate chamber idea solves that problem even though they're still cutting the throat in the barrel blank that their chambered piece screws onto. His logic adds up about as well as Common Core math. lol

He'd have a better chance of getting people to fall for this if he marketed it as an adjustable throat system to allow you to custom tailor the distance to the lands via shim spacers between the chamber piece and the barrel.

keeki
04-08-2020, 05:00 AM
His last name must be Cortez

Nor Cal Mikie
04-08-2020, 09:28 AM
For you younger folks, this may be over your head but, there's an old saying that comes to mind.
"There's a sucker born every day and two to take him". Don't believe the hype.
Or maybe, "I'am from Missouri and have to see it to believe it".

wbm
04-08-2020, 10:57 AM
Or Mark Twain...."don't believe anything I read and half of what I see."

PhilC
04-08-2020, 11:12 AM
"Comments are turned off"....hmm.

yobuck
04-08-2020, 02:52 PM
For you younger folks, this may be over your head but, there's an old saying that comes to mind.
"There's a sucker born every day and two to take him". Don't believe the hype.
Or maybe, "I'am from Missouri and have to see it to believe it".
Actually that old saying was credited to E P Barnum of circus fame.
And it was (there is one born every minit), which might have been more accurate back in his day. The key word being might.
But after watching the video, it dawned on me that maybe thats why i dont shoot better.
I was told years ago that having my barrels deep frozen would help because it alligns all the molecules in the steel.
And we cant shoot well with misaligned molecules.
That didnt help for me, but some seemed to think it helped them, even though results didnt bear that out.
But after watching this, i now realize that my chambers are probably crooked.
Where can a guy go to have his chambers checked out ?
I wonder if they have a patent on that like the guy claims he does with his velocity increasing plus P chamber ?

Nor Cal Mikie
04-09-2020, 09:00 AM
Deep frozen? What happens when they thaw out? ;)

Fuj'
04-10-2020, 07:41 AM
He'd have a better chance of getting people to fall for this if he marketed it as an adjustable throat system

Ahh, the ol' Linda Lovelace throat system.

yobuck
04-11-2020, 08:50 AM
For those who might be curious with regard to my post which mentioned barrel freezing, the topic is being discussed now over on the Long Range Hunting site. Scroll down to the (rifles,bullets, barrels and balistics) and see Cryonic barrel treatment.

nksmfamjp
04-11-2020, 11:19 AM
Sorry for posting a link to another site, but HERE (https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/what-are-your-thoughts-on-this-technique.239394/) he responds to his critics....

mgriff
04-24-2020, 09:51 PM
First thing I did was go to youtube for the comments. How unfortunate, I would have loved to see him try and defend the questions.

Smokey262
04-25-2020, 06:30 PM
Maybe he will become a site sponsor :)

J.Baker
04-28-2020, 10:32 AM
Maybe he will become a site sponsor :)

That won't be happening. While money in the pocket is nice, I'm not about to let just anyone advertise here - especially someone peddling a pile of bull as deep as this one. Not going to jeopardize the reputation of this site via association or subject it's members to a sham like this just to pad my wallet. I have a little more integrity than that. :)

JeepsAndGuns
04-28-2020, 12:17 PM
I finally took the time to watch the video. While I see what he is saying, I think he grossly over exaggerates the "problem" with all the other barrels out there in the world. If it was as much of a problem as he says it is, there would be no such thing as long range precision target shooting competitions, as no barrel out there would be able to shoot accurately.
It's the old "solution looking for a problem"

CaptShann
05-08-2020, 09:54 AM
LOL , Cold weather use only maybe?