PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Hawkeye Long Range Target

bjenkins
04-07-2020, 06:44 PM
Just seeing if anybody has shot one doesnt matter the caliber and your thoughts? Also how would you compare it to other 1,000 rifles set up for target fun?

yobuck
04-08-2020, 09:27 AM
Just seeing if anybody has shot one doesnt matter the caliber and your thoughts? Also how would you compare it to other 1,000 rifles set up for target fun?
I have a good friend who bought one about a year ago in i believe 6.5 Creedmore.
Last i asked him he hadnt shot it yet. I really dont know why he bought it as he had quite a few good long range guns already.
Fun shooting, regardless of distance, varies with our individual definition of what fun is.
For many its winning, even if its only beating our buddy. For others its just hitting something small enough and often enough to give us confidence.
And for doing that many of us already have what we need to do it.

Stickler
04-09-2020, 08:59 AM
Well, I bought one in 6.5 PRC and I think that I'm going to get out today or tomorrow to give it a go. I'll post first impressions. It is a heavy son of a gun! Just going to shoot factory ammo as I've not had time to piddle with any load development.