PDA

View Full Version : 10ML/10ML-II: ML-ll ?

volunteerbee
11-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Hello to all.This is my very first post on this forum. I have a 10ML-II that I absolutely love but there is a problem that slightly concerns me. The threads behind the breech plug has powder in them and I can't get it out.I don't even know how it got there! I noticed this after the gun had been disassembled,cleaned,put back together,reloaded,and I was ready to fire when I noticed powder coming out of the small holeson the side of the action in front of the bolt. When I took a closer look there was powder everywere between the breech plug and bolt.(maybe 10 pieces of powder total) I fired the gun very cautiously and it fired fine and the powder was still there afterwards. The gun is together correctly so my main concern is how did it get there in the first place and am i going to half to remove the barrel to get it out of the threads.Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

RandyWakeman
11-03-2010, 07:53 PM
A wire brush and Hoppe's should make it easy to clean out ten little particles of powder between the bolt and the inserted breechplug. If you post a picture, maybe what you are seeing would be easier to understand.

volunteerbee
11-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Yes, its between the inserted breech plug and the bolt.Any Ideas on how this got there? I'll try hoppe's and a brush.

rossman40
11-03-2010, 10:23 PM
What powder are you using and how many shots on your ventliner? If you vent is over .037" a finer powder like N110 can fall thru. If your using 4759 which looks like charcoal briquettes compared to N110 you do have a problem

volunteerbee
11-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Less than 25 shots through this gun period. All I have done with it is sight it in and hunt. Probably less than 15 shots.I am shooting 5744.

DannoBoone
11-08-2010, 11:46 PM
I hesitate to ask this question, but..........Is there a vent liner in your breech plug?