PDA

View Full Version : Savage Axis replacement 2 piece spring availability

jetsetterak
03-26-2020, 03:45 PM
So I just spoke to a savage arms rep. and was informed that they could not ship any springs ( that pertain to the bolt) to myself. But could ship to a FFL gunsmith for replacement or ship the entire rifle back to savage, but that canÂ’t be accomplished due to the current state of the nation with Covid-19 . Does anyone have 2 piece spring that is interested in selling or providing me the dimensions of the main spring not the pig tail spring. Thanks

GaCop
03-27-2020, 05:10 AM
I had to order the springs a few weeks ago and had them ordered through a LGS near my home. Only cost I had was the springs. No charges from the LGS.

jetsetterak
03-27-2020, 05:13 PM
I had to order the springs a few weeks ago and had them ordered through a LGS near my home. Only cost I had was the springs. No charges from the LGS.

That’s what I’m thinking but , I’ll have to wait till savage reopens their parts department. So did your LGS call savage parts dept. an place an order ? Just outta curious what the cost of the springs were , they wouldn’t provide me a price during our conversation.

GaCop
03-28-2020, 06:47 AM
IIRC it was about $14. Yes, shop called them to make the order. I really wish Wolff would make the Axis springs, the would probably be cheaper than what Savage charges.