PDA

View Full Version : Accutrigger Interchangability???

oley55
03-23-2020, 10:19 AM
Having thoroughly read the Accutrigger parts post in the Savage Faq"s section, I see that the sear part numbers are different for all three Model 10 Accutriggers (Target, LE/Varmint, Standard). I am in the search for a replacement LE/Varment trigger to replace my cracked trigger shoe where the accurelease pases through.

I have posted WTB on a couple sites and have a couple replies for a the red blade Target triggers. My question to persons who know or have already done it, can I safely use a Target trigger assembly with a LE/Varmint sear without having advanced gunsmithing skills and (swapping or not swapping springs)?

I don't really want a super light Target trigger and do like the added safety the AccuRelease provides.

Attached is a pic of my trigger.

Thanks in advance.

Texas10
03-23-2020, 01:42 PM
Pretty sure the sear is the same on both models of accutrigger. The Target accutrigger uses a different sear. You can replace your whole trigger assy with the Target model. It's about a 5 minute operation. Or simply buy a used accutrigger from someone who's upgraded their trigger.

If you can't find one, I have several varmint accutriggers i've removed and replaced with target triggers. PM me if you're interested.

oley55
03-23-2020, 07:47 PM
Pretty sure the sear is the same on both models of accutrigger. The Target accutrigger uses a different sear. You can replace your whole trigger assy with the Target model. It's about a 5 minute operation. Or simply buy a used accutrigger from someone who's upgraded their trigger.

If you can't find one, I have several varmint accutriggers i've removed and replaced with target triggers. PM me if you're interested.

Yes, PM sent.

Bigkev68
03-24-2020, 05:50 PM
Wondering if you have another target accu trigger you would sell?? I bought a savage target action build I bought and it has rifle basix trigger in it. Thanks

Texas10
03-25-2020, 12:03 AM
Wondering if you have another target accu trigger you would sell?? I bought a savage target action build I bought and it has rifle basix trigger in it. Thanks

If your Basix trigger is using the original Target Sear (has a dot under the thumb tab) then yes, I have a Target trigger that is complete except the sear that I'll part with. Please PM me if interested.

If you don't have permissions to PM, simply upgrade your membership. Best money you'll ever spend.