PDA

View Full Version : Using A Different Brand’s Ballistic Calculator

kohler
03-21-2020, 06:17 PM
Wondering if scope supplier’s ballistic calculators are interchangeable? Meopta’s program is a non starter on my mobile device. The Meopta Scope is a 6.5-20 second plane.

Swarovski and Nikon have working apps and second plane scopes in similar range like 5x25 and 6-24 but not exact to the Meopro. Will moa/yardage numbers from these two programs simulate the Meopro say when setting the calculator at 7x or 15x, etc. at various distances?

Txhillbilly
03-21-2020, 07:29 PM
If you're talking about a BDC style reticle,more than likely you will need the ballistics solution from Meopta. Every brand has their own reticle,so using another companies data usually doesn't match another.

kohler
03-21-2020, 09:51 PM
Didn’t consider that detail. The reticle is standard crosshair, no BDC. Zplex is the Meopta designation.

yobuck
03-22-2020, 01:44 PM
Why would a first or second focal plane scope differ so long as the adjustments were the same, as with minits.
Any of the programs will work, and for accuracy all should be checked out by actual shooting.
And the next time you go shoot dont count on it being exactly right.

kohler
03-22-2020, 08:59 PM
Figured I’d ask. Am hoping Japanese, Czech’s, and Austrian’s use the same math.

As the kickingest rifles Ive had are 270 and 308, the 26 Nosler recoil may erase any expectation of precision. Waiting on rings to arrive then will find out.

std7mag
03-22-2020, 09:10 PM
I use and recommend Strelok Pro.
Has almost every manufacturer and reticle made.
G7 for a lot of bullets.
Lets you blue tooth weather meter, or take data from online weather service for the area.
Ballistic truing with either BC, or velocity.