PDA

View Full Version : Old Time Savage Shooter

Wally
03-17-2020, 04:51 PM
Hi
I shot my first Savage in the mid 60's. A not too pretty 243. I loaded mil 308 brass with a hammer sizer and Lyman Tong Tool. It amazed me how accurate it was. Gave it to my dad years later and didn't do much rifle shooting for years, like until now (short detour into Black powder cartridge til I moved). In High School, I shot on the rifle team (that was when our area larger schools had ranges in the basement. I can imagine the howling if some of our newer generations heard of such a thing. I always loved iron sights, have a tube gun set up for prone and fell in love with a 308 flat top 112 competition complete with Redfield Olympic sight. I have a friend who shot a lot of LR and not too long ago tore a rotator cuff sling shooting and I don't want go that route already having a mild tear from bow shooting. I'll be posting looking for some recommendations. It is a long action staggered magazine so it won't work in my future plans for 6br. I've followed this forum for years, finally joined and looking forward to getting into the Savage "switch barrel" game.
Best regards and God Bless.
Wally
A while ago Navy guy :p

ttexastom
04-08-2020, 01:10 PM
Welcome to the savage family.

drybean
04-08-2020, 09:48 PM
Welcome aboard

GaCop
04-09-2020, 06:34 AM
Welcome, your going to like it here.