PDA

View Full Version : Snyder Magazines

BigKahuna79
03-16-2020, 10:06 AM
New Savage Axis .308, first rifle besides a .22lr.....been a shotgun hunter all my life, anyway I’m slowly upgrading my Acis and while looking for extended magazines came across snydermags.com looks like they have a 10 round mag for the Axis with the new spring release, anyone try this yet?

GaCop
03-17-2020, 06:58 AM
This is the first I've heard of them, I'll have to check them out.

Stumpkiller
03-17-2020, 10:34 AM
I have one for my .260 Rem M11 w/Axis style magazine catch.

They are re-worked military G3 magazine sleeved in a Savage magazine and new (beefier) push button catch that seems rugged and secure (certainly a more rigged impression than the OEM gives). Very positive "click" when seated. No complaints at all so far. There was one "modification" required with the Boyd's stock I have but it was well explained in the directions.

Side benefit is that it makes a great palm rest if you have an offhand shot. You can see the release if flush and unlikely to be accidentally tripped

https://i.imgur.com/RFEVOTX.jpg

magman2
03-20-2020, 09:01 AM
I'm glad that you are happy with your new magazine stumpkiller. I'm struggling to keep up with the demand for new magazines here at Snyder Magazines. I have been developing a new 10 round magazine for the 350 legend. I have a working design but still developing jigs and fixtures so i'm not in production yet.

Stumpkiller
03-20-2020, 01:31 PM
Yes I am! Thank you.

Vettewine
01-14-2021, 05:43 PM
New Savage Axis .308, first rifle besides a .22lr.....been a shotgun hunter all my life, anyway I’m slowly upgrading my Acis and while looking for extended magazines came across snydermags.com looks like they have a 10 round mag for the Axis with the new spring release, anyone try this yet?
Try Magpul MAG579-BLK

charlie b
01-15-2021, 10:37 AM
Axis rifles do not accept AICS mags.

PS except for the new Axis II Precision