PDA

View Full Version : Recs for Quick Detach Rings for Picatinny Rail

kohler
03-14-2020, 06:49 PM
Have a Murphy Precisión titanium LA rail on order, first experience with picatinny. Could use recommendations for a ring maker and ring height for a Meopta 1” tube, 50 mm objective on a 26 Nosler.

McGowen barrel is along the lines of medium sporter, so, a little thicker for the first few inches. Stock is a Monte Carlo Sporter SSS. It will be used from a bench, not prone and from a comfort built deer stand.

I’m thinking of quick detachable rings. Is a short ring workable or is medium required or better? Warne offers steel, Talley aluminum I think. I have a Talley unibody which works fine on my 260.

Thanks

Txhillbilly
03-15-2020, 03:11 AM
I use Burris Signature Zee rings on all my 1" and 30mm tube scopes,and ARC M10 rings on all my 34mm or bigger tube scopes. You should be good to go with a Medium height ring.

kohler
03-16-2020, 09:29 PM
Thank you.

NicfromAlabama
03-17-2020, 12:16 PM
I have several Warne QD rings. Never a problem with any. Lows will clear on a 50mm scope.

If you don't like vertical split rings, look at the Leupold QRW rings. I have those too and like them.

kohler
03-18-2020, 09:10 PM
I ordered Leupold QRW2 low and medium. Will see which works. Thanks to all.

This was my first project with several do-overs, four years plus later it is finally getting a scope.

at4rxj
03-19-2020, 03:49 PM
I've had good luck with warne. LaRue makes quality stuff of course, but it's not cheap. I've used their one piece mounts with great success, but haven't tried the traditional rings

NicfromAlabama
03-21-2020, 01:08 AM
The lows should work with easily enough clearance.

Please take note when installing the top half of the Leupold rings over the scope tube, do not try to snap them over the scope tube. Doing so will most likely scratch the scope tube. What you do is take something like two allen wrenches and stick in the screw hole on each side of the top ring. You can then squeeze the allen wrenches together so that they will go over the tube without forcing them. Just a gentle squeeze should do the trick.

kohler
03-21-2020, 05:53 PM
Thanks to all