PDA

View Full Version : A17/A22 Series: A17 out of windage

Demaggg
03-10-2020, 01:15 PM
Hello all, thanks for having me.
I picked up one of the early A17s about 3 years ago. The rifle was brand new from Impact or Buds. I just got around to shooting it yesterday and found at 25 yards the gun was shooting way to the left, like over 2ft left. I ran out of windage adjustment on a brand new Prostaff before I could even get it on paper. The rings are new although I don't remember what they are as I got them around the same time as the gun. If I had to guess they the cheap Leupold units. I did some research on line and found mention of misaligned scope bases and barrels. This is kind of Scary. I contacted Savage and was told to send it back to them. they also told me it was out of warranty (1 year) and that the issue may or may not be covered. Awesome I know. I have reached out to a friend that has a laser bore slighter for 17HMR and will see what I find when I try to bore site it. I will try different rings and scope when doing so. Has any one else had similar issues ? I do have a set of unused rings with windage adjustment but I have never had this problem with any of the other rifles I have scoped in the past. Thanks for reading!

hamiltonkiler
03-10-2020, 03:37 PM
Hello all, thanks for having me.
I picked up one of the early A17s about 3 years ago. The rifle was brand new from Impact or Buds. I just got around to shooting it yesterday and found at 25 yards the gun was shooting way to the left, like over 2ft left. I ran out of windage adjustment on a brand new Prostaff before I could even get it on paper. The rings are new although I don't remember what they are as I got them around the same time as the gun. If I had to guess they the cheap Leupold units. I did some research on line and found mention of misaligned scope bases and barrels. This is kind of Scary. I contacted Savage and was told to send it back to them. they also told me it was out of warranty (1 year) and that the issue may or may not be covered. Awesome I know. I have reached out to a friend that has a laser bore slighter for 17HMR and will see what I find when I try to bore site it. I will try different rings and scope when doing so. Has any one else had similar issues ? I do have a set of unused rings with windage adjustment but I have never had this problem with any of the other rifles I have scoped in the past. Thanks for reading!

Swap the rings front to back or turn them around and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demaggg
03-10-2020, 08:24 PM
Swap the rings front to back or turn them around and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will do, thanks for the advice. Just waiting to get may hands on the Bore sight.