PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 wsm barrel threads

Pages : 1 [2]

Orezona
03-09-2020, 11:21 AM
Get a longer barrel nut that covers the exposed threads. X-Caliber makes them

This is what I would try. No way I'm spending money on a new barrel and then wrapping tape around it. I'm not saying it is stupid or insulting the suggestion. I'm just saying I wouldn't do it.

sharpshooter
03-09-2020, 01:28 PM
To fix it proper, I'd send it back to McGowen and let them make it right....after all, it's their mistake.

wbm
03-09-2020, 02:54 PM
To fix it proper, I'd send it back to McGowen and let them make it right....after all, it's their mistake.

And if you add a message about getting future threads correct, and they listen, you will have corrected that situation. Doing that that will prevent future Savage barrels from having the problem.

Orezona
03-09-2020, 11:57 PM
And if you add a message about getting future threads correct, and they listen, you will have corrected that situation. Doing that that will prevent future Savage barrels from having the problem.

Agreed. I like my stuff to look like I care about not just throwing it together.

tobnpr
03-10-2020, 01:12 PM
To rule out a short chamber (highly unlikely- but not out of the realm of possibility) you can easily measure case protrusion with the barrel pulled.