PDA

View Full Version : New to me 111 info

TheCheeze
03-04-2020, 09:27 PM
Greetings fellow Beholders of the Bolt! As i mentioned in my introduction, I have recently come into possession of a 111 (circa 2009) in 7mm Mag. I couldn't pass it up for the price and the serial had a "lucky" 777 in it to match my Colt 1903. It appears to have been from a run with the Simmons scope bundle with DBM (no accutrigger). I have been trying to find a nice exploded-view for part number reference and records, but have been coming up short as they all seem to be for the newer systems. Are magazines still made that fit?

Unrelated, but did I get a solid score for $250? I

wbm
03-05-2020, 09:51 AM
I have been trying to find a nice exploded-view for part number reference and records

Have you tried Numrich? https://www.gunpartscorp.com/

TheCheeze
03-05-2020, 10:29 AM
Have you tried Numrich? https://www.gunpartscorp.com/
I have not since outside of google I had no idea where to start. Unfortunately that site won't open on the network at work so I will have to check it out when I get home. Thanks for the heads up!

s3silver
03-05-2020, 01:54 PM
For the mag if it’s the metal bottom metal then any standard long action mag should fit. Check ebay and gunbroker. I have an older 30-06 pre-accutrigger and a standard long action dbm fits.

TheCheeze
03-05-2020, 02:25 PM
For the mag if it’s the metal bottom metal then any standard long action mag should fit. Check ebay and gunbroker. I have an older 30-06 pre-accutrigger and a standard long action dbm fits.
Thanks mate! I know the sides of the DBM metal, and the release is on the bottom of the stock, but I think it may have had a plastic plate on the bottom of the magazine? Will it be obvious one way or the other just eyeballing it?

-edit-
It appears my magazine is identicle to the one found here https://store.savagearms.com/product/55119/SAVAGE-55119-MAGAZINE-7mm-REM-338-WIN-LONG-MATTE-BLUED-3-SHOT.html?cid=20

s3silver
03-06-2020, 12:22 AM
If your’s is like the one in the link then you should be good to go. It may look plastic but it’s not. The newer plastic detachable mag has the release lever on the front of the mag itself. Your release is on the bottom of the stock so it uses the metal dbm like in your link.

TheCheeze
03-06-2020, 09:55 AM
If your’s is like the one in the link then you should be good to go. It may look plastic but it’s not. The newer plastic detachable mag has the release lever on the front of the mag itself. Your release is on the bottom of the stock so it uses the metal dbm like in your link.
Good to know, thank you! Any fun/irritating little quirks I should know about from this model before I take it to the range?

Robinhood
03-06-2020, 02:41 PM
Good to know, thank you! Any fun/irritating little quirks I should know about from this model before I take it to the range?

If you have owned a magnum before, the kick will not surprise you. If your luck the accuracy might.

TheCheeze
03-06-2020, 06:49 PM
If you have owned a magnum before, the kick will not surprise you. If your luck the accuracy might.

Truth be told it is my first bolt outside of a 22. Have fired everything the army would let me from 5.56mm to 155mm but no magnum boomstick

s3silver
03-07-2020, 01:24 AM
Yeah, it will thump your shoulder pretty good.