PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Handle Savage Customer Service?

MOAMan
02-29-2020, 01:29 PM
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Savage 12FV, and had a great experience shooting it for the first few dozen rounds. Then, however, a factory bullet became stuck in the barrel after being ejected unfired. So, I sent the rifle into Savage for some warranty work, and about 4 and a half weeks ago, I got confirmation that the rifle had been accepted by their factory from the USPS. I have not heard anything since, and I tried calling Customer Support, but everytime I do, the call is disconnected after about 5 minutes. After finally speaking with someone, I was informed that lately a 4-6 week wait time is expected for repairs, and then got disconnected, so I accepted that answer, and decided to wait for 2 more weeks before I'd call back. Any idea why I can't stay connected to their service? I'm at home on my cell phone when I call, and have had no problems in the past with other numbers. I'm wondering if what I've decided to do is the right move at this point, or if I should do something differently. Let me know what you all think.

GaCop
03-02-2020, 08:17 AM
Your stuck now waiting for Savage to take care of the problem so hang in there. The problem probably could have been resolved by gentle use of a cleaning rod down the bore to tap the bullet out but it's a moot point now. Strange that you keep getting disconnected.

MOAMan
03-02-2020, 10:03 AM
Your stuck now waiting for Savage to take care of the problem so hang in there. The problem probably could have been resolved by gentle use of a cleaning rod down the bore to tap the bullet out but it's a moot point now. Strange that you keep getting disconnected.

Thanks for the response! I tried that myself, but nothing I did could get that bullet out. All right, I guess I'll have to be patient and wait for the rifle to be returned.

Nor Cal Mikie
03-02-2020, 11:26 AM
Patience IS a virtue.;)

Texas10
03-03-2020, 01:09 PM
Savage Customer Service has always been very good to me, although sometimes slow, like you're experiencing. Being nice over the phone will always get you better and quicker service. Crack a joke, make them laugh...I recall something about catching more flies with honey....as good advice.

As far as the disconnect problem, you may be suffering from rapid technology advancement. My cell phone (actually all three cell phones at my home) recently started disconnecting mid call when used at home. I have a range extender due to cell tower not being close enough, and Verizon is discontinuing support on the 3G network as they move to 4G and beyond. I have a 3G extender from several years ago, so it quit working and I only get one or two bars of signal when at home when I should get 5. A call to my service provider and a new 4G range extender is on the way, no charge. Was told to simply discard the old technology.

Cell phone technology was designed for use in a moving vehicle, so the tower bumps "stale" calls off the tower to allow in new, transitioning calls. If your local cell tower tends to be oversubscribed, this will happen frequently unless you use a range extender that utilizes an alternate wired internet connection.

Troop A
03-08-2020, 09:08 AM
I sent a brand new 110 Hog Hunter 350 Legend rifle to Savage for loading issues and they received it on January 10. I contacted them - through email - about 2 weeks later to get and update. I received the gun back Feb. 28. So it took about 8 weeks.

MOAMan
05-01-2020, 01:31 PM
Lucky; it's been thirteen weeks and two days so far for me. Fifteen days ago, I was told they received a new barrel and were rebarreling it, so hopefully not too much longer

Fuj'
05-01-2020, 03:11 PM
This Covid-19 deal were going thru has something to do with time frames also.
You can bet they are short on staff in all areas of the business.

MOAMan
05-01-2020, 03:20 PM
Lol isn't that my luck? Sending in a rifle for service, then we get hit with a pandemic. ��

tobnpr
05-01-2020, 05:24 PM
Lucky; it's been thirteen weeks and two days so far for me. Fifteen days ago, I was told they received a new barrel and were rebarreling it, so hopefully not too much longer

So...
You had a squib round, sent the rifle to Savage- and they're re-barreling it?

The squib round was the "warranty work" you sent it back for? I'm sure Savage wouldn't mind punching the bullet out of the bore for you, but a warranty issue- it isn't.

Gotta be some reason they opted for a new barrel.

MOAMan
05-01-2020, 05:42 PM
So...
You had a squib round, sent the rifle to Savage- and they're re-barreling it?

The squib round was the "warranty work" you sent it back for? I'm sure Savage wouldn't mind punching the bullet out of the bore for you, but a warranty issue- it isn't.

Gotta be some reason they opted for a new barrel.

Hmmm... Maybe the rifling was damaged?