PDA

View Full Version : savage target accu trigger vs varmint accu trigger

SAVAGESEVEN
02-27-2020, 02:05 PM
i know savage uses a 6oz trigger spring on the target models but do they use the same accual trigger and sear as the varmint model or do they really make a 6oz sear and trigger for the target model ?

Robinhood
02-27-2020, 05:40 PM
If you look in the navigation bar you will see "Savage FAQ's" Click on that link and on the left hand side you see "Centerfire FAQ's" Click on that. There is a world of information there.

In case it is hard to find, here is a link that will answer all your questions about parts between the three savage accutriggers with part numbers.

https://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?274-Factory-AccuTrigger-Part-Numbers

Texas10
02-28-2020, 11:40 AM
The Target (red blade) Accutrigger is a completely different animal from the Varmint or standard accutrigger. You can order a "target spring" from some websites however what you are actually getting is a varmint spring for replacing a standard accutrigger spring that will allow you to adjust pull down to about a pound and a half. You are not getting a Target Accutrigger conversion spring. That doesn't exist.

If your goal is to outfit your Savage with an accutrigger that will adjust down to a few ounces, you'll need to replace the whole trigger assembly with a Target Accutrigger. Simply place a WTB ad in the classified for a Target Accutrigger. They come up fairly frequently as aftermarket triggers are installed by many Savage owners. The replacement job takes all of 5 minutes.

Fotheringill
02-28-2020, 12:37 PM
I have the target AccuTrigger. So does the guy at the next bench at my range. My whole trigger assembly was replaced by Savage after it completely locked up on me. Bench buddy had the same issue but took it all apart and never went lower than 9 oz. thereafter. I now pull at 9 oz. without issue for about two years.

oley55
02-29-2020, 08:49 PM
If you look in the navigation bar you will see "Savage FAQ's" Click on that link and on the left hand side you see "Centerfire FAQ's" Click on that. There is a world of information there.

In case it is hard to find, here is a link that will answer all your questions about parts between the three savage accutriggers with part numbers.

https://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?274-Factory-AccuTrigger-Part-Numbers

WOW! Thanks for the pointer. Who knew? probably everybody except me.

Robinhood
02-29-2020, 10:04 PM
Now you do. Thank the forum boss and several people that have taken the time to put all of that great information on this forum to help us out.

Dave Hoback
03-01-2020, 08:00 AM
And thank you Robin... with the patience of a Buddhist Monk posting that link! I think you’ve had to post that like 3 times this week?? LOL! J/K.

It is very cool we have those resources to go back to.

Robinhood
03-01-2020, 12:27 PM
And thank you Robin... with the patience of a Buddhist Monk posting that link! I think you’ve had to post that like 3 times this week?? LOL! J/K.

It is very cool we have those resources to go back to.

Funny you say that. Everyone is always trying to rub ma belly.