PDA

View Full Version : Nosler 6.5 Creedmoor brass

Pages : 1 [2]

darkker
03-21-2020, 09:43 AM
Almost.

Frontier was bought by Hornady some time ago I thought? In any case, "Winchester" hasn't had the capability to build cases in almost 20 years now; it's all least cost bid production. 6-7 years ago Olin was having an Israeli company build "Winchester" brass for them.

Orbital-ATK don't own Federal either, they were spin-off several years ago to allow the merger go through. Federal is owned by Avista Outdoors.

As far as lake City goes, without looking up the contract end date, ATK may technically be there, but are packing their Shizz. The new contract was awarded last fall, Olin will be back running it.

I don't know about Marshall, but don't believe GD has cartridge case production capability. If they do, don't expect to ever see it. GD runs a very tight ship, there is a reason they were asked to go help get ATK's proverbial poop in a group during the sand wars, and why Thales asked them to come help with the plant in Australia.

Cheers

Fuj'
03-22-2020, 08:45 AM
Yeah the Corp entities are hard to keep track of. Mostly though,
name on paper changes but the brick and mortars are still there.
GD has facilities and capacity. I believe now partnered with a
Canadian named firm. GD tests and produces, some of the larger
cases and ordnance like the 50's on up. They were doing large
contract runs DOD/SOCOM/Crane on the M134 7.62 Mini. GD is
GD-OTS. Currently has a nice juicy contract for the military
small arms composite rounds.

And Darkker.....Good to see ya' still around. Seems you went silent
there for awhile. Would like to see your input for the VV 555 if it
ever gets to our shores.

darkker
03-23-2020, 12:23 AM
1)GD has facilities and capacity. I believe now partnered with a Canadian named firm.
2) GD tests and produces, some of the larger
cases and ordnance like the 50's on up.
3) GD is GD-OTS. Currently has a nice juicy contract for the military small arms composite rounds.

4) And Darkker.....Good to see ya' still around. Seems you went silent
there for awhile. Would like to see your input for the VV 555 if it
ever gets to our shores.

1) Interesting, wonder who that is? I know they bought the (former) IMR plant in Quebec quite a while ago, and totally rebuilt it a couple years ago.
2&3) I'm familiar with them; my day job supplies a facility with some fun stuff.:cool:. GD has a literal small mountain of contacts from the Abrams, to communications stuff.

4) Appreciate it, life ate up a few years there. Would be interesting to test, Nammo powders tend to be really hot burning (Jules); which can be hard on barrels. I have a few things to wring-out with the pressure Trace, hopefully soon.

Cheers