PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110 300 win mag options

Pages : 1 [2]

Longranger
02-16-2020, 09:11 PM
I don't think I've ever shot a Savage with the factory tupperware stock. I always take them off and throw them in the trash.

Shooting cheap ammo usually gives you poor results when it comes to accuracy,but you may have different results.

That's what I've always heard with regard to the plastic stocks. I think I'll still test it as is but plan on doing a wood stock for it regardless.

Longranger
02-16-2020, 09:13 PM
I don't think I've ever shot a Savage with the factory tupperware stock. I always take them off and throw them in the trash.

Shooting cheap ammo usually gives you poor results when it comes to accuracy,but you may have different results.

It turns out the store that said they had 300 win mag for cheap was actually looking at armscor 308 so I probably won't be getting that stuff anyway.

GaCop
02-18-2020, 07:38 AM
I'm going to take the rifle out and shoot it as-is just to see how it does. I found some very cheap ammo locally it's called armscor In a yellow / black box, is this stuff any good?

They're a company in the Philippines. A couple of years ago they opened an ammo plant here in the U.S. No telling how well it will shoot in your rifle until you try it.

Longranger
02-21-2020, 08:47 PM
I have another question. If I mark the current 300 win mag barrel in relation to the receiver, can I take the 300 barrel off and install a 22-250 barrel, then re-install the 300 without checking headspace on the 300 if I line up the markings? Has anyone done this?

Txhillbilly
02-22-2020, 02:28 AM
I have another question. If I mark the current 300 win mag barrel in relation to the receiver, can I take the 300 barrel off and install a 22-250 barrel, then re-install the 300 without checking headspace on the 300 if I line up the markings? Has anyone done this?

Yes,You could mark it. But I wouldn't suggest it,I always use Go - No Go gauges when installing any barrel on an action.
It's always better to be safe,and not sorry,injured,or dead!