PDA

View Full Version : DBM Bottom Metal

Glocklover72
02-07-2020, 07:38 AM
Good morning from Southeast Texas. I am the proud owner of my first Savage Rifle. It’s the 11 Hog Hunter in 308. It has the plastic green stock, blind magazine, and top bolt release. I’m wanting to convert it to a DBM. I know this has probably been discussed numerous times. So I would like to either get the OEM stock inletted or I’m also looking at a B&C. Can someone point me in the right direction on what is best and where do I get the DBM. Thanks in advance.

Swissfan
02-07-2020, 09:38 AM
I also have a Hog Hunter in 308 and did exactly what you want to do. I don't think the factory stock could be inletted for DBM. I replaced the factory stock with a B&C inletted for DBM. I purchased the required parts from the classifieds here on this site. I have also purchased the parts from other forums and online auction site. You may be able to call Savage direct and order the DBM parts, not sure if they still do that.

J.Baker
02-07-2020, 11:01 AM
Go with the B&C stock or find a take-off factory stock that was made for the bottom metal. Due to the material used in the factory stock you'd just end up with a mess if you tried to inlet your current one.

Balljoint
02-07-2020, 11:11 AM
Welcome to the BROTHERHOOD

Paulyester
02-07-2020, 03:11 PM
I think I have what you need, I'm new to the forum so it won't let me PM you. You can reach me at pmoyes at gmail if you are interested.