PDA

View Full Version : question for those with a Choate US/UV stocks

sha-ul
10-31-2010, 10:53 PM
what have you guys found to help keep the POA from wandering when adjusting the tail elevation screw?
Have you noticed you tail creeping from right to left of back when turning the thumb wheel?

dcloco
10-31-2010, 11:20 PM
The bottom of the handle is rounded.....grind if flat.

The wander right/left is from adjusting it....whatever the elevation screw is in contact with, will try to grab as you rotate the know.

82boy
10-31-2010, 11:38 PM
I just unscrewed it all togeather, and place the back on a Protektor brick bag, works great!

sha-ul
11-01-2010, 12:18 AM
The bottom of the handle is rounded.....grind if flat.

The wander right/left is from adjusting it....whatever the elevation screw is in contact with, will try to grab as you rotate the know.

I had even though of embedding a ball bearing at the apex of the curve so that it could pivot/rotate on that smooth ball.

squirrelsniper
11-02-2010, 05:33 AM
I just unscrewed it all togeather, and place the back on a Protektor brick bag, works great!

Same here. Mono-pods will work when you have nothing else available to support the butt of the rifle, but use some type of bag or sand sock for best accuracy.

JeepsAndGuns
11-07-2010, 08:14 PM
A full bag usally makes the tail of the rifle up too high for me, so what I do, is I take a old soft cloth (such as a old wash cloth) fold it into a square and place it under the knob. I press it down so the cloth kinda forms a cup for it. I find that this keeps things from wondering around Vs. just setting it on the wood bench.