PDA

View Full Version : Barrel tuner by sims LimbSaver

hamiltonkiler
02-03-2020, 08:57 AM
I have gone down the 10/22 worm hole a bit.
On my way down I saw a post about this barrel tuner.
I said to my self. Dang I have a few of those laying around in my archery gear for stabilizers etc.
so I threw one on my semi modified 10/22
After a few 25yd groups and 50yd groups and sliding it up down and around I am impressed. I found a place or two I think that the groups are really better. I’m kinda excited to see if it’s placebo or factual. Different ammo and velocity’s.
Any way, has any one tested this thing or keep one on a centerfire that you know works for sure?
In my case a .223 varmint contour barrel. Shooting heavy pills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.Baker
02-03-2020, 11:18 AM
Doubt you would see much effect on a varmint centerfire barrel as it's plenty rigid. Since we can tailor our centerfire loads to match what our barrel likes that's the better route to go IMO.

Sporter barrels on the other hand can be a little more fickle due to their being less rigid, thus such a tuner would have a more noticeable effect with getting a specific factory load to shoot better in that barrel. Handloading would still be the better option here was well IMO.

NicfromAlabama
02-03-2020, 11:45 PM
I have used/fiddled with one on my 10/22, and they do work.

I believe it would work on your .223, especially if you want to use factory ammo and not accuracy test by reloading.

Texas10
02-05-2020, 01:19 AM
I have one and tried it out on my model 12 BVSS in 223 and it does work, but is extremely difficult to make small adjustments. I hit an almost perfect position on the first try, but after moving it again, could not seem to return it to the sweet spot I'd found before.

Have since bought a Harrells tuner/brake for my 6BR on a 12FV action. Tuners are the best thing since genuine southern style BBQ.

Fuj'
02-05-2020, 08:44 AM
Harrel's tuner brake going on a Brux barrel this spring. This one is
reamed for 6.5 mm pills. I personally never thought I would get
one but, a buddy of mine with a 6 Dasher made a believer out of
me. It's only money, and life is short !! My personal use will be for
the long game where targets start at 850 yards.

Texas10
02-05-2020, 10:47 AM
The most amazing thing I've experienced when using my Harrells tuner is how a tiny change in setting can bring groups back together when the temperature changes, especially when tuning at distance.

hamiltonkiler
02-05-2020, 10:19 PM
I first heard of one on a browning. The Boss, so many folks had them but not a clue on what it was or did. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk