PDA

View Full Version : 111 pre accu trigger long range hunting build

JNorton
02-01-2020, 09:47 AM
Guys I'd like to hear some suggestions on a long range hunting build on a 111 pre accu trigger. It's going to primarily be a "mountain" type of hunting build so weight is some what of a priority with out sacrificing accuracy. Currently the rifle is chambered in . 300 win mag I probably wouldnt change that, but am wide open on suggestions and advise. This will a first time build for myself.

hamiltonkiler
02-01-2020, 03:41 PM
Just bed it and float the barrel. Spend the money on a good light optic that works properly.
And a trigger maybe.
Let’s see some pictures!
Good luck. A 300mag is a great round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaCop
02-27-2020, 07:59 AM
If you stay with the factory "Tupperware" stock, you may want to consider a brake to tame the magnum recoil. Definitely a better trigger like Rifle Basix or Timney. Consider a scope in the 4X12 or 4X16 range with good light gathering.

tric3imagery
02-29-2020, 10:45 AM
Guys I'd like to hear some suggestions on a long range hunting build on a 111 pre accu trigger. It's going to primarily be a "mountain" type of hunting build so weight is some what of a priority with out sacrificing accuracy. Currently the rifle is chambered in . 300 win mag I probably wouldnt change that, but am wide open on suggestions and advise. This will a first time build for myself.they don't make aftermarket triggers, for lower bolt release Savage Pre Accu, IMOP

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

std7mag
03-06-2020, 04:44 AM
Why would you assume it's a bottom bolt release?

While i'm shooting a 111 TBR in 7mm Rem Mag, same applies.
If you can find/afford a better stock, by all means do!
As for optics, i'm running an EGW 20 MOA one piece base, with Vortex Viper aluminium rings holding a Sightron Field Targer 4-12X40 scope.

But even as light as i could get mine, i opted a different route for going out west (i live in PA) elk hunting.
I bought a used Forbes 24B in 280 Rem. With optics it's just under 7 lbs.

s3silver
03-17-2020, 11:00 PM
Just bed it and float the barrel. Spend the money on a good light optic that works properly.
And a trigger maybe.
Let’s see some pictures!
Good luck. A 300mag is a great round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with this advice. Do it and see what kind of accuracy you get out of it.