PDA

View Full Version : Talley Lightweight extended mounts on 116 LA

2rjs
01-27-2020, 06:33 AM
I'm looking to upgrade my scope mounts on a 116 LA. The scope I would like to use is a Leupold VX5hd 3-15x44. It's a fairly short scope at about 13.5" OAL and only has 5.4" of mounting space. I am hoping that the Talley extended mounts will work for me.

Have any of you guys ran a combo similar to this?
Also, if anyone has any pics of the extended mounts they could post? I'm not sure if I want them if they extend too far over the receiver.

Thanks,

Orezona
01-27-2020, 06:46 PM
I had some on my 116 for a short minute. They are my preferred rings. They don't extend over the receiver (If I'm remembering correctly) The only reason I didn't use them is because my Zeiss HD5 3-15x50 wouldn't clear the barrel. The spacing was pretty good. This is my 50 objective and didn't think about it when I bought them. I ended up doing a rail and another brand of rings. Sorry, I don't have a picture of them on the rifle.

2rjs
01-27-2020, 07:15 PM
I had some on my 116 for a short minute. They are my preferred rings. They don't extend over the receiver (If I'm remembering correctly) The only reason I didn't use them is because my Zeiss HD5 3-15x50 wouldn't clear the barrel. The spacing was pretty good. This is my 50 objective and didn't think about it when I bought them. I ended up doing a rail and another brand of rings. Sorry, I don't have a picture of them on the rifle.

Thanks for the info and the offer! I was going to PM you but for some reason I'm not seeing that option when I visit your profile. Maybe I don't have high enough post count? Are your rings Med or Low in height?

Orezona
01-27-2020, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the info and the offer! I was going to PM you but for some reason I'm not seeing that option when I visit your profile. Maybe I don't have high enough post count? Are your rings Med or Low in height?

Looks like I can't PM you. Maybe a post count or something in your settings. Hopefully a moderator will help out.

NFD9
01-27-2020, 08:46 PM
2rjs,
I'm running Talley Extended highs with a VX freedom 3-9X50 (12.1 OAL and 4.79 mounting space) on a LA and it works perfect.
I tried to post a picture but couldn't...

Good luck

Orezona
01-30-2020, 09:51 PM
Looks like I can't PM you. Maybe a post count or something in your settings. Hopefully a moderator will help out.

Or not. Ha ha....