PDA

View Full Version : 110 Tactical Question.

oldracer1
01-25-2020, 01:53 PM
I just got a new 110 Tactical LH .308. Nice piece of work. I have one comolaint. I reload and purchased this rifle to do some long-range shootin. However when trying to establish a COAL I found you can't go over the book maximum. All my other rifles have deep enough chambers that I can seat out past book max. I usually blacken a bullet to determine where it meets the rifling and back off accordingly. Each time I do this the lands show up on the bullet. With this new .308 no lands showed and all that was marked was a ring around the bullet. Some of the newer VLD and ELD type bullets are pretty long. That puts more bullet inside than outside!
Thanks.

Shooter0302
01-27-2020, 08:59 PM
Where on the bullet is the mark ? If you take the same round and stick the bullet into the muzzle and give the round a little twist are the marks in the same spot ?
How does your MAX COAL compare to a MAX COAL that will function through your DBM ?
Have you tried single loading a round with the DBM in place ? It's a royal PITA, might ask if anyone has a single shot follower AND if they know if it will work in your DBM.

jo2015
01-27-2020, 10:50 PM
It has a short throat,take it to a gunsmith and have the throat lengthened

Shooter0302
01-28-2020, 12:05 AM
If he is not getting any marking on his smoked bullet from the lands, just a ring as he states, there is something not right, he should take it to a gun smith that has a bore scope before he goes and cancels any factory warranty.

Shooter0302
01-28-2020, 12:37 PM
Where on the bullet is the mark ? If you take the same round and stick the bullet into the muzzle and give the round a little twist are the marks in the same spot ?
How does your MAX COAL compare to a MAX COAL that will function through your DBM ?
Have you tried single loading a round with the DBM in place ? It's a royal PITA, might ask if anyone has a single shot follower AND if they know if it will work in your DBM.
Let us know more details, and what you find out from the bore scope

Shooter0302
02-06-2020, 10:56 AM
Any more info or details ??