PDA

View Full Version : 110 Tactical 6.5CM problem

Pages : [1] 2

Thunder9
01-23-2020, 02:31 PM
Well i thought by now i would have worked out the kinks in my 110T 6.5CM<But I still have a problem chambering a round they get stuck and i have to back out then bolt and then continue pushing the bolt forward in order for them to chamber.Has anyone else run into this issue.The rifle is wonderful except for this issue.

quigley257
01-23-2020, 02:43 PM
I've had this happen before. If I understand correctly, the round is going part way in, then the bolt rides over the rear of the cartridge, then you retract the bolt and cycle it again which finishes chambering the round? If so, try opening up the feed lips on the magazine very slightly. Even biasing the rear of the lips slightly more than the front. It will allow the cartridge in the magazine to rise to a slightly higher position and keep the rear end from diving under the bolt as its pushed forward. Good luck!

yoda4x4
01-23-2020, 03:19 PM
Well i thought by now i would have worked out the kinks in my 110T 6.5CM<But I still have a problem chambering a round they get stuck and i have to back out then bolt and then continue pushing the bolt forward in order for them to chamber.Has anyone else run into this issue.The rifle is wonderful except for this issue.I've got this same issue with my 110 Tactical in 308. Love the gun but it's annoying when this happens.

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Robinhood
01-23-2020, 05:39 PM
How fast are you cycling?

yoda4x4
01-23-2020, 05:43 PM
How fast are you cycling?I'm cycling it fairly slow. Should it matter? And what speed should I do it?

David

Robinhood
01-23-2020, 05:52 PM
It should not matter. However, it may. Try a little quicker.

That has a polymer mag correct?

yoda4x4
01-23-2020, 05:54 PM
It should not matter. However, it may. Try a little quicker.

That has a polymer mag correct?Yes.

David

Thunder9
01-24-2020, 06:48 AM
Ok we will try opening the magazine. Thank you

Thunder9
01-25-2020, 05:32 PM
Ok we will try opening the magazine. Thank you
I called Savage explains the issue they sent me a new magazine to see if that solves the problem.

yoda4x4
01-25-2020, 05:33 PM
I called Savage explains the issue they sent me a new magazine to see if that solves the problem.I'd appreciate it if you could let me know if it solves the issue. Thanks!

David

quigley257
01-25-2020, 05:38 PM
Yes, please follow up with a function report. I didn't realize you had a poly magazine. The rifle I had trouble with had a metal mag, so it was easy to tweak the feed lips.

Thunder9
01-26-2020, 05:58 PM
I'd appreciate it if you could let me know if it solves the issue. Thanks!

David

Sure thing Dave I will let you know the outcome.
Had the same issue with my Ruger 6.5 American in a Magpul hunter stock ended up getting a refund after Ruger replaced rifle twice they couldn’t figure it out but the same magazines would work fine in my Axis 6.5. We will see on this one

yoda4x4
01-26-2020, 08:27 PM
Sure thing Dave I will let you know the outcome.
Had the same issue with my Ruger 6.5 American in a Magpul hunter stock ended up getting a refund after Ruger replaced rifle twice they couldn’t figure it out but the same magazines would work fine in my Axis 6.5. We will see on this oneOh man... I certainly wouldn't want to have mine replaced as it's shooting sub-MOA with 180gr Federal Power-Shok which I consider to be budget ammo. I'd like to believe that match ammo should shoot better. Thanks for letting me know when you find out.

David

Thunder9
01-27-2020, 11:32 AM
Well today I tried a few magazines and that’s the issue not all magazines are created equal some feed with no issue some feed with issues.I noticed some magazines are a little sloppy in the mag well and some are tight it seems that is the issue play in the magazine causing the bullet to not leave the magazine in a correct angle.

J.Baker
01-27-2020, 01:00 PM
Both my rifles chambered for AI cartridges have a similar issue, and it's a very common problem for any cartridge that has minimal body taper. This is the main reason why I won't build a repeating rifle for one of these cartridges that isn't controlled round feed anymore.

quigley257
01-28-2020, 11:50 AM
Both my rifles chambered for AI cartridges have a similar issue, and it's a very common problem for any cartridge that has minimal body taper. This is the main reason why I won't build a repeating rifle for one of these cartridges that isn't controlled round feed anymore.

Mr Baker, which two AIs do you have? Do all your AI cartidges dive under the bolt or just the last one? In my rifle it was always only the last cartridge that I had trouble with until I adjusted the feed lips. I am planning a 223 AI build on a Savage action using factory Savage DBM with Savage 223Rem factory magazine. I want it to shoot 75gr ELD-Ms so I may be throating it for longer than normal OAL as I'd like to keep the aft bearing surface above the neck/shoulder junction with bullet seated. How long can/will feed from the stock Savage 223 magazine? Will the 223 AI feed reliably from a Savage magazine? If the Savage mag is going to limit the OAL too much I may just run it in a chassis with AICS mags. This info may be pertinent to this thread but please PM if needed to avoid thread hijack.

Shooter0302
01-28-2020, 01:09 PM
Well i thought by now i would have worked out the kinks in my 110T 6.5CM<But I still have a problem chambering a round they get stuck and i have to back out then bolt and then continue pushing the bolt forward in order for them to chamber.Has anyone else run into this issue.The rifle is wonderful except for this issue.
Just checked mine {6 CM}, basically the same problem, the bolt will get a round about 80% chambered from a Mag. loaded with 6 rounds, then I have to back the bolt out about half way then I can move the bolt forward and get the round chambered. I gave the same problem until the last round, that one gives me no problems.
Savage C/S and I have a plan. first try a new Mag, and if that doesn't work, they get the weapon back, plus by that tome I will be able to test the barrel again.

wbm
01-28-2020, 02:18 PM
_.

psharon97
01-29-2020, 10:12 PM
It's because of these issues why I have started swapping to CRF receivers. I have two MausingField rifles and don't see this problem anymore. Besides ARC, you have Defiance, and BigHorn making receivers.

Thunder9
01-31-2020, 07:34 AM
Ok I received the new magazine from Savage mind you this is a 10 round magazine not the 5 round Magpul I have been using.As I thought the new 10 round magazine works flawlessly it seems to be the 5 round Magpul magazines that give me an issue in my 110 tactical 6.5 creedmoor in my Axis 6.5 creedmoor they work just fine no issues so I’m thinking its the seating in the actions that is the issue.The magazines fit very sloppy in the 110T but in the Axis they fit tight.I think the problem lies in the one size fits many with the magazines.