PDA

View Full Version : Nifty new 5.7x28 Pistol (Nope, not the Ruger 57)

geezerhood
01-21-2020, 09:14 AM
I have been shooting the 5.7x28 since for many years in my AR57 upper (Mine is a sub 1/2 MOA shooter) and an FN FiveseveN pistol, but have been wanting something in this chambering that fires from a locked breech to be able to handle higher pressure hand loads without messing up the brass. It looks like handloaders may now be able to take advantage of the original capabilities of this cartridge. Hopefully someone will build a pistol with a locked breech similar in size and style to the FN or the Ruger offerings in the not too distant future. Diamondback chose to start out using factory FN mags but the article states they plan to offer a Ruger 57 mag version as well.

I still shoot my AR57 upper and quite enjoy it. Someone made me an offer on my FN 5.7 pistol and all my mags that I couldn't refuse a while back and I had no plans to ever replace it, until Ruger came out with their 57 pistol. Once the prices settle on the Ruger, I will definitely be buying one and may also buy the Diamondback with the Ruger mag well in it when they come out, depending on the "street" price. I am not very motivated to pay $1300 for one, though I do like the size and the design of the Diamondback pistol quite a bit better than the PS90 that would set you back $200-300 more based on retail for the Diamondback vs street price for the FN. You do lose the 50 round count, but I would rather carry a few 20 round mags with me than the gigantic 50 round FN PS90 mags with a semi auto gun.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/diamondbacks-5-7mm-pistol-shot-show-2020/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20200121_SHOT2&utm_campaign=/digest/diamondbacks-5-7mm-pistol-shot-show-2020/