PDA

View Full Version : Savage 112 Series J

Pages : [1] 2

flutedchamber
01-20-2020, 12:35 AM
I have a Savage 112, Series J in 220 Swift, all factory original. The rifle is a true single shot, there is no slot cut out of the action for a magazine. I guess this would be called a blind action?

I finally found a company that can make a stock for my rifle, Sharpshooter Supply. They ask if the rifle is center or stagger feed. How do I answder their question since my rifle is magazine free?

Thank you for the help.

Orezona
01-20-2020, 08:30 AM
.................................................. .........................

Nor Cal Mikie
01-20-2020, 09:16 AM
I won't touch this one with a 10 foot pole!!:confused:

yobuck
01-20-2020, 10:40 AM
I won't touch this one with a 10 foot pole!!:confused:
I will, we all experience senior moments, just some of us more often than others.
like for example deciding when it’s best to send Emails.

flutedchamber
01-20-2020, 11:18 AM
Three replies and not one shred of information. Possibly a new record.

wbm
01-20-2020, 11:25 AM
I hear ya!

Just tell them it is a single shot action.

flutedchamber
01-20-2020, 11:32 AM
I hear ya!

Just tell them it is a single shot action.

Thank you very much for your rapid answer, wbm. I tried to tell the girl this 2 or 3 times by email and she insisted that the rifle had to be classified as center or stagger feed. Single shot made sense to me, but since this is the first time I've encountered a rifle like this, I thought that perhaps I was overlooking something. It turns out that I wasn't.

As soon as Orezona, Nor Cal Mikie and youbuck have their morning bottle, wake from their morning nap and have their diaper changed, I'll thank them.

Again, thank you. Very friendly place here. Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

mnbogboy2
01-20-2020, 01:21 PM
��got to see where this one goes��

tobnpr
01-20-2020, 01:33 PM
In fairness to the OP, I don't think the "blame" for the question lies entirely with him.

Fluted,

Obviously, there was some miscommunication with Fred on this- or he wouldn't have asked you the question.

Center vs Staggered feed (FEED is the operative word here) relates to the type of magazine.

No magazine in a single feed (Duh), which is the source of the incredulity above.

granite1
01-20-2020, 02:46 PM
Maybe they don’t have a stock without a mag well, so they want you to pick one way or the other. Even though it’s useless for you.

flutedchamber
01-20-2020, 03:13 PM
In fairness to the OP, I don't think the "blame" for the question lies entirely with him.

Fluted,

Obviously, there was some miscommunication with Fred on this- or he wouldn't have asked you the question.

Center vs Staggered feed (FEED is the operative word here) relates to the type of magazine.

No magazine in a single feed (Duh), which is the source of the incredulity above.

I understand what you are saying. As stated in my reply to wbm, I told the girl thru email 2 or 3 times that it was a single shot 112, Series J. She insisted it had to be either center or staggered feed. That is why I asked the question here. I honestly thought that I was missing something because I couldn't understand why a single shot rifle didn't suffice. Perhaps the girl was confused? I assumed (incorrectly it seems) that since she was assigned to answer technical questions on the stock that they sell, she would know what she was talking about.

What you wrote would have easily sufficed as an understandable answer, "no magazine is a single feed". This would have verified what I believed to be true. Instead I get a runaround. I had checked all the FAQ for an answer and finding none, made a post.

wbm
01-20-2020, 03:25 PM

"entirely"?!...why should there any "blame" at all. The man simply asked a question.

Instead I get a runaround.

Yep you did.

https://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?128-Savage-Action-Lengths

Sent you a PM.

flutedchamber
01-20-2020, 04:19 PM
"entirely"?!...why should there any "blame" at all. The man simply asked a question.

Yep you did.

https://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?128-Savage-Action-Lengths

Sent you a PM.

wbm,

Thank you for the PM. I did see that a day or two ago when I was researching FAQ's concerning my question. I have the odd duck it seems, the first generation short action screw spacing.

Thank you again. You have been most helpful. Not at all out of character for a Marine. Thank you for your service.

wbm
01-20-2020, 04:21 PM
You bet. Glad I could help.

flutedchamber
01-20-2020, 04:22 PM
Maybe they don’t have a stock without a mag well, so they want you to pick one way or the other. Even though it’s useless for you.

I just spoke to the company. They don't know why the girl mentioned staggered or center feed once she read that my rifle was single shot with no magazine. They do manufacture stocks for single shot rifles of any screw spacing.

So it turned out to be bad information from their end. At least I now have a stock source.

Orezona
01-20-2020, 05:30 PM
As soon as Orezona, Nor Cal Mikie and youbuck have their morning bottle, wake from their morning nap and have their diaper changed, I'll thank them.

Not that it matters but, I don't deserve your attack. This forum doesn't allow me (or I haven't figured it out) to delete my post. I had to replace my original post with the "........................" to meet the characters rule. No "thank you" needed. Your question confused me so I realized I didn't have a good answer. And yes, I did have a morning nap. I may also take one this evening after hanging a bathroom door and doing some trim.

flutedchamber
01-20-2020, 05:48 PM
Not that it matters but, I don't deserve your attack. This forum doesn't allow me (or I haven't figured it out) to delete my post. I had to replace my original post with the "........................" to meet the characters rule. No "thank you" needed. Your question confused me so I realized I didn't have a good answer. And yes, I did have a morning nap. I may also take one this evening after hanging a bathroom door and doing some trim.

"I posted here by mistake" or "I don't understand what you are asking" works for me. A post of ............................................ ................. How would you take that?

flutedchamber
01-20-2020, 06:21 PM

Since I have offended you in public, I will apologize in public. Please accept my heartfelt apology for not recognizing a line of dots for you satisfying the forums requirement for a certain number of characters needed to qualify as a post. I take an afternoon nap, as I am up most of the night with my back. Enjoy your trim work.

Nor Cal Mikie
01-20-2020, 06:29 PM
"Three replies and not one shred of information. Possibly a new record"???
First off, you havn't been around that much so you'll learn in time. You got jerked around by someone that didn't know enough to help you out.
A "single shot" is a single shot, period!! That should have been enough to get you what you needed. But, it wasn't.
I'll leave it at that. PM headed your way, Mike.

mnbogboy2
01-20-2020, 06:50 PM
Glad to see that this thread worked itself out. Kind of figured it would. I almost could see a little humor coming out of it, and never did see anything that was intentionally meant to be derogatory.
This brotherhood of barrel-nuts sometimes disagree and jab at each other, but we almost always can work up a common solution to our problems & questions.
All's well that ends well.
Randy