PDA

View Full Version : Top Release Round Action G799639, Non Accutrigger?

kohler
01-11-2020, 08:57 PM
Related to my Meopta and 20 moa rail question last week for a long action, looks like I need to confirm if the action is non Accutrigger. Tangible evidence points to non Accutrigger.

The gun was showroom new 4-5 years ago when I bought it from a currently disavowed retailer to start this project. Action number listed above is top release round top. Few years ago the gs changed the trigger to Timney and I don’t remember ever removing an Accutrigger, but the years go by. Two other SavageShooter inspired projects still have their Accutrigger in place.

Consensus - this is a non Accutrigger?

Thanks

sharpshooter
01-12-2020, 01:53 AM
The most obvious indicator would be the safety button. A non accutrigger receiver will have a rectangular safety button. The accutrigger version will be a teardrop shape.

Robinhood
01-12-2020, 01:59 AM
does it matter for a base?

J.Baker
01-12-2020, 10:33 AM
does it matter for a base?

Shouldn't - all you need to know is the action length and if it's flat or round top. Then again, I've seen some pretty strange "fitment" info on manufacturers websites (just look at Boyd's website as an example).

kohler
01-12-2020, 08:08 PM
Kudos to SSS, definitely a rectangular safety, also mounted on his Monte Carlo Sporter.

Yeah, I thought it was a strange question too. Yesterday I browsed some mfr’s sites that said, if I read correctly, round pre-accutrigger models accept the same base as flat backs. I assume pre-accutrigger round and non-accutrigger round mean the same thing.

Thanks