PDA

View Full Version : Accu-trigger trouble

willyp19
10-30-2010, 07:57 PM
I recently bought a Savage with an Accu-Trigger. The previous owner told me he cut the spring(s) to lighten the trigger pull. I soon found that if I close the bolt too fast it locks up the trigger.

I do like the lighter trigger pull, but when I'm out shooting coyotes, there is a good chance I'll be excited chambering another round and close to bolt too fast, locking the trigger.

Anyone have any ideas to fix this?

drybean
10-30-2010, 08:44 PM
sss comp trigger
no more problehs

tunered
10-30-2010, 08:59 PM
That spring is adjustable, it screws down into its holder, even if you dont have the little tool to turn it from underneath, just twist the spring counterclockwise until it gets where you want it. ed

gotcha
10-31-2010, 08:50 AM
Also, if you have a wood stock check 'n see if the rear guard screw wood has " blossumed" up & is fouling on the trigger group. It happened to me yesterday. Dale

bodywerks
10-31-2010, 11:41 PM
Light trigger, reliable, and accutrigger are rarely three words found in the same sentence. Go SSS comp trigger and be done with it.

ultramag44
11-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Light trigger, reliable, and accutrigger are rarely three words found in the same sentence. Go SSS comp trigger and be done with it.

I have not had any trouble with my 12 Benchrests' target accutrigger. ??? Was set @ 8 oz. from the factory, it works fine.

willyp19
11-01-2010, 10:10 PM
I tried installing a SSS trigger, but would not fit in an Accu-Stock without major modifications.

After taking a closer look at the trigger, the place where you should be able to adjust the trigger is filled with something. So no way to adjust it???

bodywerks
11-02-2010, 01:40 AM
The SSS will fit with minor modification to accustock models. I've done it and posted pics on how to do it. Its about 30 minutes of work with a dremel.
As for the accutrigger setscrew that is tamper proofed that is the overtravel adjustment, not trigger pull weight. The spring at the back of the trigger assembly is what you adjust with a special tool provided by savage. But if the guy before you already cut it its probably not gongs to adjust properly.