PDA

View Full Version : Changing AICS format to blind magazine

Woodwooker123
01-09-2020, 01:47 AM
Hello all. I have a new 110 Desert Tactical aics bottom metal Accufit / Accustock. Is it possible (ahem practical) to change the bottom metal on the Accustock to accommodate a blind magazine so the bottom of the rifle is flush. Honestly I’m not a fan of the aics format. Too loose for me and won’t function worth a darn with any aics style magazine I use in it. I know Bass Pro has an exclusive (for them) a 110 Tactical with a flush mag, but I really want the Accustock. Does Savage have a “custom shop” like Remington etc... Any ideas? Thanks

J.Baker
01-09-2020, 06:42 AM
You don't want to go to a blind mag with the newer centerfeed magazine system as they're a real pain to try to load - especially when there's a scope/rail in the way. This is why Savage doesn't offer any from the factory. Best solution would be to go to a standard (3-4 round) factory detachable magazine with matching bottom metal.

If you're looking to purchase a new rifle in a smaller caliber, maybe look at the 110 Varmint (varmint barrel). If you want something 6mm or bigger, check out the 110 Predator (medium-heavy threaded barrel) or the 110 Hunter (sporter barrel).

Savage does have a custom shop, just give them a call - there's an option for it in the automated answering system IIRC.

Balljoint
01-09-2020, 10:56 AM
Welcome to the BROTHERHOOD OF THE BARREL NUT