PDA

View Full Version : Best Barrel Twist For 280 AI (SAAMI) Up To 160 Accubonds (Hunting)

Pages : 1 [2]

Orezona
05-23-2020, 01:12 PM
as long as the muzzle flash does'nt give him too bad
of a sun burn.....:cool:

:smile-new:

yobuck
05-23-2020, 01:28 PM
We could debate the wiser part, i mean we are talking about an old idea for improving an old cartridge here.
I suppose a chronagraph might decide the final outcome as to wether it was worth it.

Orezona
05-23-2020, 03:46 PM
I have no doubt at all that 24" is better for taking advantage of the AI version velocity and I appreciate you throwing it out there. I've been torn over it for a couple months now. I did receive advice that the AI version will also make easier bolt operation and extended brass life and make annealing all but a moot point. Fuj does have me thinking on his powder waisting sun burn though.:cool: Fuj also made me decide on the 1:8.5

My 116 WW in 30-06 (for this project), Zeiss HD5 3-15x50, scope rail, Warne rings, mag (empty) and B&C Medalist, currently weighs in at 9.0 lbs even.

Fuj'
05-24-2020, 07:05 AM
We could debate the wiser part, i mean we are talking about an old idea for improving an old cartridge here.
I suppose a chronagraph might decide the final outcome as to wether it was worth it.

Agreed. I think the key word would be "efficiency"

Orezona
05-26-2020, 01:27 PM
Jim called me this morning first thing after the long weekend. I changed my barrel length to 24". I received the emails regarding the change within minutes of the phone conversation. Oh, and the refund notification for the cancelled short barrel fee (under 24").

Orezona
07-21-2020, 05:27 PM
I received the tracking number for my barrel from NSS today! I was told 6-10 weeks. Shipped during that time as promised.