PDA

View Full Version : 20 MOA Base for LH Model 110

papa45
01-01-2020, 11:44 PM
I'm looking for a 20 MOA base or rail for a left-hand, short-action,round-top, model 110 and have not found one yet. I currently have a Leupold standard one-piece base and rings on the rifle and would like to use the existing rings if possible. Does Leupold make a 20 MOA left-hand one piece base? If that can't be done, where can I get a reasonably-priced Weaver or Picatinny rail that will work? Is there such a thing as a left-hand rail, or are they all the same? Thanks.

J.Baker
01-02-2020, 09:44 AM
True picatinney rails (like the EGW) typically aren't LH or RH specific. The only rails I know of that are are like the cheaper aluminum Weaver's that have the notch in them to make it easier to insert a round.

yobuck
01-02-2020, 10:21 AM
Of coarse the boss is always right, and in this case as usual he is.
But, assuming you have the Leupold 1 pc mount that resembles the old Redfield mount, with the windage adjustment on the rear?
You could just put a few layers of your favorite beverage can under the rear part, tighten it down, and use it.
Dont laugh, because 30 or so years ago that’s what everybody did because tapered bases weren’t available.
And trust me when i say some of those shims are still in use today.
With a 6.5x20 Leupold scope you couldn’t reach 1000 yds with a 7 Rem Mag unless you shimmed the mount on most guns.