PDA

View Full Version : ????????????????? What Large Shank Receiver do I need.... ???????????

daniel brothers
12-30-2019, 07:07 PM
I have a couple of Savage Large Shank 243 barrels that came off a LRP... and was thinking about screwing one on to a large shank receiver, but don't really want to buy something new... so I'm wondering if I might look at some pawn shops for something with a large shank receiver. I'm not sure when Savage went from large shank to mostly small shank... well it seems that way, anyways.

Are there older model rifles that have large shanks? or... is there a chart somewhere that shows the different models with their shank sizes....????

Thanks.... Jesus Bless You..... Dan

Ted_Feasel
12-30-2019, 07:24 PM
I have a couple of Savage Large Shank 243 barrels that came off a LRP... and was thinking about screwing one on to a large shank receiver, but don't really want to buy something new... so I'm wondering if I might look at some pawn shops for something with a large shank receiver. I'm not sure when Savage went from large shank to mostly small shank... well it seems that way, anyways.

Are there older model rifles that have large shanks? or... is there a chart somewhere that shows the different models with their shank sizes....????

Thanks.... Jesus Bless You..... Danhttp://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/savage-large-vs-small-shank-history.3937870/

There seems to be a little history and info on large shank vs small and why etc.. there is a guy in here that I imagine can answer you, I cant remember his name.. I only have used their small shank barrels.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

daniel brothers
12-30-2019, 09:15 PM
good information Ted... thank you so much. It looks like I need to find myself a 12 LRP if I want a repeater.

Ted_Feasel
12-30-2019, 09:20 PM
good information Ted... thank you so much. It looks like I need to find myself a 12 LRP if I want a repeater.Glad it helped [emoji846]I know a fair share about them but there are some savage gurus in here that can better guide you.

Bill2905
12-30-2019, 10:30 PM
The factory blueprinted actions on the 10 BA Stealth models are threaded for large shank barrels. If you can find a used one at a good price, you could get good money for the chassis.

Robinhood
12-30-2019, 10:34 PM
Not all of the BA stealths are large threads are they? Just the older ones? Most every WSM action I have seen is though. And the LRP;s like you stated.

Axlrod
12-30-2019, 10:47 PM
Northland has new large shank target actions.

Ted_Feasel
12-30-2019, 11:04 PM
Northland has new large shank target actions.NSS has about everything to build a savage laser:)

Robinhood
12-31-2019, 12:55 PM
...and a Bighorn tac driver. That takes remington type triggers

Ted_Feasel
12-31-2019, 01:01 PM
...and a Bighorn tac driver. That takes remington type triggersI've been so tempted to get one of the big horn recievers.

Robinhood
12-31-2019, 02:49 PM
Fear and atmosphere. You will not be dissapointed..... and you have barrels.