PDA

View Full Version : One more stock ordering question.??

OldDog
12-29-2019, 06:55 PM
I am getting ready to order me a stock for my Savage 110 7mm Rem Mag,and Numrich has two versions of some .One is a Magnum,and it says heavier barrel channel..Mine does not look heavy too me,but I don't have another to compare with.Would mine take the magnum stock,or standard? Does any one know the diameter of either magnum,or standard barrels at the point were they exit the barrel nut,and then again a little further up the barrel? I appreciate all advice. Thanks

OldDog
12-30-2019, 06:55 PM
I looked on Numrich again,and the stock is for a 110G. The side of my barrel reads 110 with no suffix,but there is the letter G stamped on the bottom of my barrel down by the barrel nut.

mnbogboy2
12-31-2019, 01:49 PM
Just went out in my shop & measured two older 24" 7mm mag factory barrels at the muzzle. One is .550 and the other .575, both are "light" barrels not "magnum" contour if that helps.

You could always start with the regular one and open the barrel channel up if you had to.

OldDog
12-31-2019, 06:52 PM
Thank you mnbogboy2 .I found out today that the G just means checkered hardwood version.I just ordered the non magnum version today.