PDA

View Full Version : Trigger ?

WALKER80
12-27-2019, 08:56 PM
I have a sss trigger that’s been discontinued and it has started slam firing and firing while on safety. I can’t seem to find the instructions. I built this rifle about 10 years ago and would like to replace the trigger with a drop in. Who makes the best one for a pre accu trigger??

blvedere
12-27-2019, 09:18 PM
Contact Fred at SSS and I am sure he will give you the information you need. Go to the man who made the trigger.

WALKER80
12-28-2019, 12:31 AM
Contact Fred at SSS and I am sure he will give you the information you need. Go to the man who made the trigger.

10-4. Anything else out there that you know of that’s comparable and safe? As far as a drop in trigger cartridge. I’m not new to this it’s just been 8 or so years since I posted on this forum. Also not my first custom rifle rodeo. I’ve had this one for years, 7/08 with a krieger barrel and my son 7, is finally old enough to hunt with it. LOL

NicfromAlabama
12-28-2019, 02:05 AM
Well, if your looking for a trigger in the 1 lb and up range, Rifle Basix makes one and so does Timney. I installed a Rifle Basix on my Axis and was able to adjust it safely down to the 14 oz advertised weight. (It is rated 14 oz to 3 lbs) Others seem to speak highly of the Timney, which I think is rated at 1.5 to 4 lbs. Either one should work well, especially if you want to set them at a higher pull weight rather than the bare minimum advertised.

Robinhood
12-28-2019, 02:12 AM
https://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?33229-SSS-Trigger-instructions

https://www.tacticalworks.com/tacticalblog/installing-the-sss-savage-competition-trigger/

Ted_Feasel
12-28-2019, 08:57 AM
Well, if your looking for a trigger in the 1 lb and up range, Rifle Basix makes one and so does Timney. I installed a Rifle Basix on my Axis and was able to adjust it safely down to the 14 oz advertised weight. (It is rated 14 oz to 3 lbs) Others seem to speak highly of the Timney, which I think is rated at 1.5 to 4 lbs. Either one should work well, especially if you want to set them at a higher pull weight rather than the bare minimum advertised.I would 2nd timney..

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

deserttrans
12-28-2019, 09:28 AM
I have had good luck with the Riflebasix triggers.