PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Billings MT!

DuginMT
12-25-2019, 08:36 PM
Happy New Year! I joined this forum because I own several Savage rifles and enjoy their accuracy and usual reliability. Recently I inherited a Model 93, 22 wmr, with wood stock, weaver mount, and a 4X Simmons 22 Mag scope. It seems accurate, but misfires about 50% of the time, due to light primer strikes. CCI ammo seems to ignite more than Winchester, but I get misfires with both. Took the bolt apart and cleaned everything, and removed a little off the end of the firing pin where it hits the barrel (not the cartridge), and polished it. This helped, but I still got 20% misfires with the Winchester. Have a heavy-duty firing pin spring on order from a guy in Idaho, off Ebay, will see if that helps. I do not want to send the whole rifle into Savage at this point, as I have not read that they replace the spring with a stronger one, and shipping would cost more than the spring ($15). Like the gun otherwise! Looking forward to bringing it up to snuff. Have a great 2020 all!

drybean
12-25-2019, 09:46 PM
Welcome aboard

GaCop
12-29-2019, 09:18 AM
Welcome to the group. My son has a 93 that is a tack driver. It's scoped with a 3X9X40 and with CCI Mini Mags it will knock golf balls off empty 12 ga. shells at 100 yards.

DuginMT
12-30-2019, 12:12 AM
That's good to hear GaCop. I haven't shot mine for accuracy much yet, but the bore looks perfect. Stronger firing pin spring arrives tomorrow. I'de guess my gun is 20 years old or more, perhaps it was stored cocked for a long time to weakon the spring. If the spring works, I'm thinking of upgrading to a metal trigger guard I found fir $25, but are on backorder now.