PDA

View Full Version : Oiled Bolt, Now Parts Left Over. Cocking Recocking Bolt Help

kohler
12-23-2019, 03:26 PM
Today for the first time I released the spring pressure on my 260 bolt. Rear collar hit the table. Anyone have time for the 2 Minute U on reassembly? Thanks.

Robinhood
12-23-2019, 03:54 PM
Watcha got

Ted_Feasel
12-23-2019, 04:29 PM
Today for the first time I released the spring pressure on my 260 bolt. Rear collar hit the table. Anyone have time for the 2 Minute U on reassembly? Thanks.There are probably lots of youtube videos on it:)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

kohler
12-23-2019, 05:06 PM
I didn’t find Savage vids so my confidence level along the lines of hypocritical oath - first do no harm.

it’s a model 16 260 short action, been TT’d.

kohler
12-23-2019, 05:18 PM
Got it fixed. Thanks for the confidence boost.

Ted_Feasel
12-23-2019, 06:48 PM
Got it fixed. Thanks for the confidence boost.Glad you got er' they really are pretty simple mechs. I disassemble mine at the end of every season for good cleaning and oiling so it's not like the back of my hand like AR bolts are

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

kohler
12-23-2019, 09:06 PM
Glad it worked out too. I got a green light to use a 1000 yard range tomorrow all by my lonesome. Wish I had more ammo I’m sighted in with. So I’ll use the time to whittle down my cats and dogs inventory.

I’ve only been to 300 yards once and it showed. Hi wind and warmers n glove freezing, couldn’t wait to leave.

Tomorrow’s strategy will be to get more comfortable with the Greenlaw rest, rezero the 270 with Bartlein barrel and stretch out the 260 depending on where the shooting table are located. The 270 scope is an older Leupold with pretty thick cross hair that cover the paper bullseye at 200 yards so not much reason to do more than 200 yards with it. The 260 has a Swaro 3-18 BRH, more helpful to old eyes.

You know you’re a #%^<€+= when Christmas Eve afternoon is is spent at the range.

GaCop
12-26-2019, 08:09 AM
Glad it worked out too. I got a green light to use a 1000 yard range tomorrow all by my lonesome. Wish I had more ammo I’m sighted in with. So I’ll use the time to whittle down my cats and dogs inventory.

I’ve only been to 300 yards once and it showed. Hi wind and warmers n glove freezing, couldn’t wait to leave.

Tomorrow’s strategy will be to get more comfortable with the Greenlaw rest, rezero the 270 with Bartlein barrel and stretch out the 260 depending on where the shooting table are located. The 270 scope is an older Leupold with pretty thick cross hair that cover the paper bullseye at 200 yards so not much reason to do more than 200 yards with it. The 260 has a Swaro 3-18 BRH, more helpful to old eyes.

You know you’re a #%^<€+= when Christmas Eve afternoon is is spent at the range.

He!!, I spent the morning of the 24th at the club range with my newly built 6.5 Creed testing loads. Can't let holidays get in the way of shooting.