PDA

View Full Version : New Stock For 10 BA Stealth?

deserttrans
12-22-2019, 11:49 AM
Hello, I am new to the forum and looking for information and opinions. I have a 10 BA Stealth 308 complete action, barrel and trigger take off from the original chassis. I would like to install it to a conventional type hunting stock. Nothing fancy because it will get rough use in the field. A Savage take off stock would work fine for me. I was most curious if there was any specific issues with the 10 BA since it came originally in the MDT chassis? Or if it would fit most of the regular short action stocks? Any information or opinions is appreciated.

celltech
12-22-2019, 11:56 AM
There will be no issues at all. In fact, I picked up a blem 10BA chassis from MDT during their xmas sale and stuck my 12FV action in it. There are a *ton* of 12FV plastic stocks out there if you need a beater...I have at least 4 in the attic myself.

lonestardiver
12-22-2019, 11:56 AM
It should work with most centerfeed short action stocks depending on location of bolt release lever. Accustocks may be an exception due to slight differences in recoil lug.

Others will come along with more info and in greater detail...

deserttrans
12-22-2019, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the information. Would most of the polymer type, take of stocks have a blind magazine? I prefer those for knock around purposes. It appears the barrel is large shank. Would that limit fitment?

6mmBR_Shooter
12-22-2019, 05:50 PM
Shank size should not affect stock selection. Most of the takeoff stocks will have a blind magazine, but many people remove the mag components before selling the stock to try to make a few more dollars.

Bill2905
12-22-2019, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the information. Would most of the polymer type, take of stocks have a blind magazine? I prefer those for knock around purposes. It appears the barrel is large shank. Would that limit fitment?

I put my 10BA Stealth .223 in a 12FV stock for a while and it fits fine.

Look for a used 12FV factory stock. They sell for cheap and are inlet for a blind mag. If it doesn't include the magazine box, you can find them online or you can get one from Savage. If you can find a complete .308 detachable magazine for cheap, you can separate the box from the bottom plate and use it. You will also need to get metal clip that holds the blind mag in place and you can get that from Savage as well if not online.

deserttrans
12-22-2019, 08:14 PM
Thank you all for the good information. I'll keep a eye out for a stock and blind magazine and parts. That sounds perfect for the use of the rifle.

deserttrans
12-27-2019, 07:02 PM
From the info I gathered from all you folks. I procured all the needed parts to finish this truck/knock around rifle and went to the shop. Weight is 7 pounds 4 ounces with loaded magazine. Set trigger to 2 and a quarter pounds. Will use the standard Stealth, EGW 0 MOA, since will not be shooting very long distances. I like the shorter 20 inch barrel and blind magazine, just less stuff hanging out to bang into things. The used 10BA Stealth action, barrel and trigger should last. Only has about 1000 rounds on it. Now to find light weight scout type scope and put a sling on it, maybe a break. Again thanks for the help and suggestions.

hamiltonkiler
12-27-2019, 08:28 PM
There will be no issues at all. In fact, I picked up a blem 10BA chassis from MDT during their xmas sale and stuck my 12FV action in it. There are a *ton* of 12FV plastic stocks out there if you need a beater...I have at least 4 in the attic myself.

Are any for sale? Thanks
Kiler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hamiltonkiler
12-27-2019, 08:36 PM
That looks awesome. An AR/scout 1.5-6,8x24
Would be awesome. You can shoot MOA out to 5-600yds on 6power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk